Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Today Was a Resting Day!

Of course, I had so much work to do for school. But, the body said, "I've had enough!" It was a break day. I had one news story that just needed some quotes for finishing. But, I've got 2 news stories to write from the beginning. They are both due on Thursday, but I'm going to have to convince Cliff that Friday they'll be there.

I just needed to sleep. And sleep I did. I got up and got Cassi ready for school. Now, mind you I didn't even get dressed to take her down the street to school. Dropped her off and came back home, only to sleep for 3 more hours on the recliner. Boy did I need it! I must still be shaking off this cold I had last week. Plus, with finally working on the floor at the job, retail drains you mentally and physically.

I did, however, walk down to school to pick up Cassi this afternoon. A good mile walk helped me wake up. We invited Jo and her sister Hayley over for Thursday after school. We'll do a movie and popcorn or something for an hour or 2. Then, we got home and I made pumpkin bread. It's actually the Zucchini Bread recipe noted earlier in a recipe share. I just substituted canned pumpkin for the zucchini. I've done this before with good results. I'm going to try for the first time to make the bread with bananas tomorrow. I froze some bananas when they got over ripe. We'll see how it works. Will let you know after I try it.

I also did one load of laundry, folded a few loads of laundry, and washed one load of dishes. Now, Cassi is looking for the garage remote to play outside. I also need to make din-din for hubby who works tonight.

Then, later, I've got last minute studying to do for an exam tomorrow. AND, we're going to the store to look at ice skating prices for Cassi. We're going to keep her busy in Nov and Dec with skating lessons.

That's it for now. I'll probably add more later as I think of it.

Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

2 comments:

Lynda said...

Wow. Do you cook two din-din's? I think I would have told my hubby to get a Lean Cuisine from the freezer. lol.

Cathy said...

Cassi is so picky with din-din. She usually eats waffles or cereal, which is okay because she eats bologna sandwiches for lunch. She eats meat once a day, which is good for me. Plus, I was cooking for hubby and I before he went to work.