Saturday, September 02, 2006

The Freeway SUCKS!

I Gotta REMEMBER, Saturday night on the freeway coming out of downtown Cleveland is just like coming home on Friday afternoons.

Just got home from doing my wifely duties. Rob is working this evening. For dinner, I cooked Chicken Alfredo. I offered to make enough to bring to work. But, the nice co-worker who has been stealing food out of fridge is on the clock this evening. So, I offered to bring it to him. For his dinner, to share with his girlfriends, I made the chicken alfredo and banana pudding.

So, got to his work about 10:15pm. Of course, as usual, when I drop him off stuff, he typically isn't downstairs immediately when I arrive. The timing thing. As I stop to wait, who happens to drive past but the hospital's police. So, I get nervous that Rob's not out quickly enough.

He couldn't believe how much stuff was in the bag. When I had a Tupperware business, they gave us these HUGE bags to carry our supplies to parties. I still have a few of those bags and used one to carry all his stuff. He called and told me that someone asked him what was in the bag. He told them it was his dinner. I brought extra stuff in the bag for him to give to his friend, Roz.

Okay. I'm good this evening. But, coming home was a BEAR! I can't believe how many people were downtown. So, when Rob called, I asked him if there was a Browns game this evening. He wasn't sure, but guessed all the traffic was from the bars and stuff downtown, and an area called "The Flats." An area just outside of downtown Cleveland, on the west side of downtown, that has bars up and down on each side of the Cuyahoga River. Gosh, I haven't been down there in ages!

So, as Marie would say, I'm being suburban. Ever since we started this Watkins business, I really enjoy cooking and baking. Tomorrow night, I'm sending with him stuffed peppers. I've got the "stuffed" part finished. I made it the other night, 1 pound ground beef, 1 pound bulk sausage, 1 can tomato sauce, and all kinds of Italian seasonings, along with 2 cups uncooked rice that I pre-cooked in a rice cooker. I just needed to pick up more peppers, which we did today while out riding around.

With that, it's about 11:30pm on the East Coast (oh, yeah, I'm actually in Ohio, not on the East Coast like I used to). I'm watching a little TV and will be going to bed soon.

I can't believe how cold it is here this evening. Not really cold enough for the heater yet, YEAH! But, cold enough to close the windows. I know we'll have our Indian Summer soon, but, hope it's later than sooner. That's all I need is to have Cassi get sick.

Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a hectic evening! I just have one small thing to say, I hope that other people are brining food in for Rob like he brings in for other people. If not you need to stop doing that! Money is tight enough, you don't have the money to feed everyone!

Cathy said...

Typically, Rob's co-worker Roz brings in food. She typically does this every night she works. So, Rob is always getting fed by her or one of the other nurses. With my upcoming HELLISH schedule, there won't be time to cook. So, I figured I would give it one good hurrah!

Cathy said...

Typically, Rob's co-worker Roz brings in food. She typically does this every night she works. So, Rob is always getting fed by her or one of the other nurses. With my upcoming HELLISH schedule, there won't be time to cook. So, I figured I would give it one good hurrah!good hurrah!