Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Missed Communications?

How do you try to tell your spouse/significant other how important it is for you to get the best possible grades in your classes? Even if it means being at school during your off-days?

My goal this semester is 2 A's. I'm taking 2 classes this semester: Gender in Communication and Lab Newspaper I. If I can get the A's, I believe my GPA will shoot up from 3.57 to 3.75. I want to get as high as possible.

Plus, for this first printing of the newspaper, I had to sell ad space. Luckily, the contact I worked with, for Today's Bride Magazine, they are purchasing half page ad space for 2 editions. My minimum ad space goal was 2 editions, whether it be with one customer or two. But, I also have another contact who will get back in touch with me over the next week or so to determine if she is advertising in the paper too. So, maybe I'll get extra brownie points for it.

I'm continuing to look at opportunities for scholarships. I'm also going to make sure I apply for the school-based scholarships this spring for next week.

An interesting tid-bit. I'm scheduled to meet with my transfer advisor tomorrow. When I went to make the appointment, the girls at the desk told me that I am considered a Senior this year. Wow! I didn't realize that. I figured since I've still got 2 years left of actual study, I would considered a Junior. But, must be because I have the Associate's Degree.

So, I've completed two of my news stories. The third story, which was my final from my Media Writing class back in spring will make three. Because they had no one for the print edition for the "Perspectives" page, he decided to put my story there. Also, I mentioned to my advisor how I had the "hang up" call from hubby. He told me I needed to go because he didn't want to see me get divorced, but I was getting ready anyway. But, I told him not to worry because hubby's got too much invested in me and that come March, we'll be married 10 years. Then, I told him how we met through the net. Here's the short of it: we met through the net and got married after 3 weeks. He thinks this story would be a great news column for the next edition. I'm very excited because I may get to be a main person who writes the columns for the paper.

For those of you who know newspaper columnists, I'm taking after Dick Feagler. He's a news columnist for The Plain Dealer and has an English Degree. My role model!

Okay. I'm going to go for now. I've got some reading to do for Gender class. We get to watch Mona Lisa Smile in class Friday and possibly a test next week.

Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

No comments: