Monday, September 11, 2006

I just learned something about Blogger.com.

Back in July, I created a post based on someone else's post, talking about how this guy got fired because of HIS blog. One of the comments on my post was this:

"The guide for most blogs is that if there is anything that you don't want everyone - and I mean EVERYONE - to read and react to, then you shouldn't put it into a blog. Just as a note, some employers also do Google searches of potential employees searching for stuff, so it is more than just badmouthing your employer."

While researching their beta blogger site, as they are coming up with upgrades to the site, I was reading about the new sites. To upgrade to a new blogger site, you need to have a Google account. Also, as I was skimming through the "terms and policies" piece, there were links galore to Google Web pages. It appears that Google owns Blogger.

So, if you're wondering WHY when you do a search on Google your name, and it comes up for your Blogger site, this is why. Google must catalog the blog sites to the search engine, allowing for potential employers to find you.

As I've said before, don't openly badmouth past, current, or future employers.

Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

2 comments: