Thursday, January 03, 2008

Things Past, Present, and Future

We had a very good holiday. Cassi was disappointed, though. The only thing she wanted for Christmas from Santa was a pogo stick. She was disappointed Santa didn't bring it. I explained how Santa felt since she couldn't use it inside cause of space issues and couldn't use it outside because of the cold, it would be better for mom and dad to get it once spring and summer arrive. I told her I agreed with Santa. We would revisit the issue when the weather got better.

Other than that, Christmas was just another day here. We went to mom's because our dining room table is being refinished. It will probably take until summer to get finished but that's okay. As much as I'm busy, Rob is even busier. He's involved with his lodge meetings, 2 classes and helping take care of Cassi while I'm at school when she doesn't go to Pa's.

She spent the weekend with them until Christmas Eve. Then, she came home for overnight. Christmas Day, we all went back to Pa's. She proceeded to stay until the 29th. She came home for her birthday. Our baby turned 8 on the 30th. (Yes, I didn't put a post out here to celebrate her birthday!) We had 2 friends over. The local roller skating rink gave out free passes to skate during break. Cassi and Alexis (who went) both had roller skates. She made a new friend. One of the nurses Rob works with has 2 girls. They came along too. I had 1 free pass and paid for her skates. Madison is her name. Her sister Cheyenne also came. Wendy is mom. Mom paid for herself and daughter Cheyenne. They all had a good time. I don't skate for anything. Have had too many problems with dizzy spells and vertigo (which I still believe is related to the fact that I'm losing my hearing, but that's another story).

While they were skating, I got to take some pictures. Rob zipped over to the local store to buy a small cake for after skating. Cassi had Madison and Alexis spend the night. They ate grilled cheese and fries. Then cake, then gummy life savers, then more cake. I have one of those elevated queen size air mattresses. At first, Cassi was on the couch with the other 2 girls laying normally. After Rob and I went to bed (and Rob zonked), I had to shush the girls to sleep. Come to find out, they rotated the other way on the bed and all 3 girls were couped up together on the mattress. A sight indeed! By morning, Alexis was in the dead center of the bed with the 2 other girls huddled at the end of the mattress. It's no wonder someone didn't fall off. But, I was awake until well after midnight. Come 7:30 the next morning, they were up. They ate pancakes for breakfast. Madison left about noon. But, Alexis and Cassi ate mac & cheese. Then, Alexis went home.

I hadn't ever been so TIRED!

After I got up and was "awake," Rob decided it was time to put up new smoke detectors (one decided to go off tonight when I made dindin). Plus, we'd been planning on moving around the bedroom. We hauled out 3 bags of CRAP! Some of the stuff was from the goods Rob got for Christmas. He finally went through his clothes and discarded the ones that really needed to go.

Then, we had to go to Lowe's. My cedar chest (the one I've had for almost 12 years now), moved from the bedroom to living room. I couldn't believe how open the space became from this small move. But, to move it, we needed felt pads for under the feet. No way was the chest going on the new hard wood floors without pads. Then, we stopped at Giant Eagle for snacks for the evening.

But, New Year's Eve. I napped so I would be awake for the ball drop. Well, Marie was an AWESOME sister. She bought us the Star Wars Lego's games for PS2. Rob and I are hooked on the Star Wars II and are currently on chapter 6 of Episode 4 (original Star Wars). I laugh every time I see Princess Leia as a Lego figure. And the way they have them TALK (without really talking).

Well, we played News Year's Eve. We missed the ball drop by 2 minutes that's how hooked we are on this game. And, Cassi is even more so now. I'm only hooked when I can play with Rob as a team. Cassi likes to play by herself. We have a game saved and she has her own.

We ended up not going to bed until 3:30 am (Cassi at 2am) and weren't up New Year's Day until almost noon. As soon as I got up, I was in the kitchen baking. We were going to Rob's friend's house in Nova, which is about an hour away. This is Wendy from work. Her and her husband, Allen, invited us to dinner at their place. They are so nice. I can't believe how far she lives and drives to Cleveland to go to work. She lives in Ashland County (Amish country). From my house it is about a 45-60 minute drive south west and we live 30-40 minutes from Downtown Cleveland. So, you can see why I say the distance.

The drive was slow as it was snowing and REALLY slow on the way back. Marie, DON'T BLAB TO DAD! You know how he is with bad weather and us driving in it. We were good. We had the station wagon that has been driving than the Focus because the center of gravity is lower to the ground. Although, we did see one nasty accident on the way home.

Yesterday, we also got up REALLY late. We went to Rob's school to pick up his books and had to go to JC Penney to exchange a clothing outfit. Rob's mother decides she's going to buy an outfit for Cassi for her birthday. We get it. It's too small. Not once has she called and asked what size does Cassi wear. Oh, yeah. That's right, she asked a year ago! Well, the last time I remember her asking, Cassi was wearing size 7 pants. She is now wearing a 10-12 pants. So, of course, the outfit doesn't fit.

She's Mini-Me! I'll post pics from the holiday concert she had in a few. She looks EXACTLY like me. And after we talk to her on the phone, she asks me what is Cassi's favorite color. Being that Cassi had red hair, what color. The outfit was brown, which isn't bad and actually looked nice on her. Her favorite colors are PINK and RED! So, the new outfit we got was red. OK. Now, I don't shop at JC Penney for ANY REASON. The price are OUTRAGEOUS! The tags were still on the original suit, which was good. Rob's mom said she paid 50% for the pieces. But, the jacket alone was $25 at full price. I still wouldn't have paid 50% of that price. But, we were able to make an exchange without any money exchanging hands. Good for us. Then, we left.

Ugh!

But, I'm in my last week before going back to school. I can't believe this is FINALLY it!

OK. I'm going to close for now.

Lots of love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Well it sounds like a busy couple of weeks!! I'm glad that Cassi had a good birthday and you were able to defuse the whole pogo stick thing. I won't say anything to mom and dad about you driving, but that doesn't mean I won't say it! That was REALLY DUMB to be out there driving. Now I had to work that morning at 4am and I HAD to be on the road, but if you didn't HAVE to be on the road it was REALLY DUMB to be out there!!

Cupcake Blonde said...

Wow, you certainly did do alot. Does life EVER slow down you you guys?

I know what you mean about getting addicted to video games. Charming and I seem to go for hours at a time, forgoing sleep and food to play a little more.

Cathy said...

OK. Dad knows. No real comment. Probably because we made it back just fine.

Unknown said...

The reason why he didn't make a comment is because saying something wouldn't make a difference!