Thursday, January 24, 2008

Senior Survey Better

Post written on 2/2/2008!

It is DEFINITELY going better. Because I seem to be asking all of the right questions. When we started our first reading assignment, I emailed the professor. I said to her that I understand there's two different ways to read something. The first is to read for the pleasure of reading. The second is to read with the intention of understanding why it was written. So, my main question to her was what types of questions should I be thinking about when I'm reading, general questions that I could use for all reading.

She apologized for not getting back to me as my email went to her spam. But, I had asked a very responsible question. I told her that was fine about not replying because my question had merit for the whole group.

And, up to now, it appears that I have taken lots of responsibility to ask questions that the whole group is probably thinking.

So, this class is going 100% better than I thought.

Then, I got sick. But, a nice classmate allowed me to take her notes home. Yeah! I was able to scan them in and have them for our first test. Because the test is open book/open notes, any notes I can get for the test will just help me more.

And, we're already thinking about our papers. We've got a smaller one due on the 19th, about 5 pages. This paper can be the jumping off point for the MAJOR project. I already know how I want to present my project, in costume!

OK. That's it for now. I've got lots of reading to do for this class for Tuesday. Want to get it done this weekend.

Lots of love,
Cathy
8^ )

No comments: