Thursday, January 24, 2008

Internship

Written on 2/2/2008!

The internship is going AWESOME! I wish I can find a boss as good as Tina. The internship is very flexible. I've got to work 10 hours a week. As it stands, I'm scheduled on Monday's and Wednesday's for 5 hours each. If I have to leave early or just don't get my 5 hours in, I can make up the extra time on Friday's.

This was how my job was the last year before I was laid off. As long as I had my 40 hours a week, my boss didn't care when I worked, knowing that programmers keep weird hours.

Anyway, I've completed my first report. It was a weird research project, but allowed me to really look at the information from the foundations. Then, I wrote up the report, giving my suggestions for foundations and funding options for this project. Very easy, but detailed. I'll post my findings on my online writing portfolio soon.

My next project is the Research News newsletter for February. I should have the majority of it together this week.

That is all!

Lots of love,
Cathy
8^ )

No comments: