Monday, January 28, 2008

The Sickness Has Passed (almost)

The update from the doctor's appt Friday and the weekend I lost.

Thursday. I ended up staying home because I just wasn't "feeling right." All afternoon, I needed to take a nap because I was so tired. And couldn't do it. So, Thursday's night class was out too. Good thing because I was slowly going downhill and couldn't fight it.

Friday. I woke up with a sore throat, itchy ears, cough that would wake the dead, and headache. At that point, I hadn't really checked my temp but knew I was running a fever. Cassi was still coughing but much better than you bought with the 102 fevers. We went to the doctor in the afternoon. This also meant no internship on Friday. I couldn't move and couldn't speak.

Bottom line. We both have a virus. Pretty much. Keep giving Cassi the Motrin for fever and the cough syrup to help supress the cough. The assistant checked my temp. I was 102.7 and she stopped. I even told her that I haven't had a fever like that in YEARS. Actually, when I get sick, even this sick, my temperature always goes down. The doctor could tell how I was hurting when I coughed. She gave me cough syrup with codeine. We went and filled it and went home.

Let me just say, Dad ROCKS! I called Rob to tell him what happened. I had all I could do to get us home; I felt to bad. Rob had to work and couldn't take us. I called Dad when I got home. He first said he would come get Cassi Saturday morning for sleep over. Then, he called back and said he could come get her Friday night.

As they were leaving, I asked them to lock the door on the way out. (forgot) I was unable to get up from the recliner to lock the door. All the lights were on in my living room. The front door was unlocked. I don't like the doors to be unlocked, especially when I'm alone.

I didn't get up to turn off lights and lock the door until 11pm. And, I slept pretty much from 6:30 Friday night until Sunday morning. In the recliner.

By Sunday morning, my fever finally broke. I started to feel better, just mainly stuffed and coughing. The first things I did Sunday morning (and does this sound familiar) dishes, laundry, garbage.

Cassi was off Monday and Rob kept her as he was off work. I went to my internship and class. I was so glad to be out of the house and feeling SO MUCH BETTER.

But, now, I'm still dealing with a sore throat, coughing, and a stuff nose.

Lots of love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

P.S. Cassi is still coughing too but better.

2 comments:

Cupcake Blonde said...

Oh yuck, I know how you feel. Those ones can be brutal. I am glad you are starting to feel better. Being sick really sucks!

And don't worry about not coming to my blog in a while, I knew you were sick. No worries!

Unknown said...

I hope you and Cassi are feeling much better now. Dad has it pretty bad now and I hope he feels better soon!