Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Ooh, a Wednesday post...

Okay, so the newspaper was put to bed. Michelle, my co-editor for this edition, and I stayed until 6:45 to make sure the paper was done correctly. And, as I explained to her and Amanda around 6pm, "You can hear the printer running, eh. That's because he is sitting there, reading each page and making necessary changes we missed." Because he is the final authority on the paper, that's his job. But, I also said that this is why I was so late 2 weeks ago because this is exactly what we did.

Michelle now sees what we did. Plus, when people complain about the paper on Friday, we can show them the proof of the edits, etc. to the paper and their stories to make them perfect.

But, the reason for my post this evening, my "love affair" friend, Jason, had this post on his blog. If I had just known about him more 10 years ago, we might not have broken up. We talked, but not about stuff like we have done over the past few months, since reconnection. But, take a look at this blog: http://thelongshot.livejournal.com/. This shows a quiz he took. I'm in the process of taking it now and will upload the results as soon as I finish.

The funny part is, it talks about how he keeps his lovers close. I strangely think he didn't do that with me. Maybe it's because I was so far away. "We don't know how you've figured it out, but you've managed to keep your lovers close despite your critical view of the world." (from his results) I knew he seemed very logical to me and this is probably why I was so drawn to him. I do agree with what it said about not taking advantage of romantic or sensitive people. I know he never took advantage of me. He was a fine catch that I let get away because I wanted my career (that ended in 2001, 5 years after we parted). Had I just waiting 6 months longer, but I digress... I know he's got someone who loves him and cares for him as I might have.

Even though I can get quite emotional, as a past supervisor once told me, "You always let your emotions get in the way. When this happens, step back and cool off. Then, come back at them and kill them with your logic." But, what wasn't to be wasn't to be. But, if only...

But, I digress, AGAIN.


I'm not sure what this all means, but I believe the rock star part is correct. Because I love to write, my guess is that it showed in this quiz. Yes, I am a romantic and love to cry at romantic movies. Yes, I have fallen in love rather easily. I do remember after seeing Jason at his apartment that I was in love. I think I was the day I met him because of how he treated me, but didn't tell him until after our first weekend together. (oh what a weekend, but again, I digress.)

I can see it all now about how my life would play out on the big screen. Ooh, thinking of that, that is my next project for the blog. My life's movie through iPod shuffle. Maybe I can get to it this weekend.

Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

No comments: