Wednesday, November 01, 2006

What I Did on Halloween (day & night)

I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO busy on Halloween. First, Rob and I went and had a quick bite to eat after taking Cassi to school, which, by the way, was pajama party day. Everyone got to wear pajamas to school! How cool!

Then, we popped into the grocery store to pick up some juice for school, eggs, flour, and sugar (hmm! a loaf of bread, a container of milk, and some butter - from Sesame Street). We came home and Rob went to bed.

While I was baking upstairs, I had laundry washing and drying in the basement. Wonder what I was baking? Well:

6 mini pumpkin breads from fresh pumpkins I cut up, cooked, and mashed to resemble "canned pumpkin" (and VERY easy to do)
24 pumpkin muffins
2 apple pies (after I peeled, cored and cut up the apples to make the home-made pie filling)
and
a half gallon plus home-made apple cider (made in my very own Jack LaLane juicer - the small one)

I started by making the breads and muffins. Then, the apple pie filling. Once it was ready, I had to take a break. Being the "room parent" for Cassi's class, I had to make my appearance at school to help with the party. The party went very well. I'm glad I kept those brown lunch bags I bought last year from kindergarten. They came in very handy, when I named everyone's bags so they could take their stashes home with them. Plus, from the baking I had 3 extra pumpkin breads I handed out at school. Hope they liked them.

Once we got home, I preped and baked the 2 pies. Then, we took Cassi into Grafton, where we used to live for trick-or-treating.

I'll get into the trick-or-treating and what we saw in other posts. But, we got home, sorted the candy and crashed for the evening in the bedroom (maybe we'll get that darned TV back today). But, I ended up back on the computer for a while and then to bed at 10:30. I decided to watch my last half hour of "General Hospital" on the boob tube. But, gotta love Rob. He was already sleeping and snoring VERY loudly. Every time I turned up the TV, it seemed he knew it and snored louder.

I turned the TV off about 11pm and feel fast asleep. I don't recall moving ONCE until 5am, when Rob had to get up to go to class today for work. Then, the last 2.5 hours of sleep SUCKED. Today was very tiring as all that baking (minus the one apple pie) was for a fundraiser we were having at school for my new association. I just happened to join at the RIGHT time. I'm now an official member of the Society of Professional Journalists. We'll see how it goes over the next year.

Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

No comments: