Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Lung Cancer Awareness Month...Not a Smoker's Disease

This is for my blog friend, Lynda. (I borrowed your post for this; hope you don't mind!)


November is Lung Cancer Awareness Month

Yesterday, I posted this on Laurianne's Hope. I emailed the blog buddies I have in my contact list and realized that some of them weren't there and hoped they would see my post when I posted today. Today is the beginning of Lung Cancer Awareness Month. Please consider adding Laurianne to your blog, and let me know. I will add you to the blog roll.

I have seen bloggers come together for so many causes: A sick child, poverty, AIDS awarness, breast cancer awareness. Sadly, lung cancer does not get the same awareness as many of these causes. Also, please consider cutting and pasting this post or forwarding the link to anyone that may be interested. Even those in the medical community may not be aware that lung cancer is not a smoker's disease. I know until my sister got sick, my dad confessed he thought only smokers got lung cancer. And a special thanks to all those who have given their support, both in the past and future. - Lynda

November is Lung Cancer Awareness month. Many people know October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. Not quite as many know Novemer is Lung Cancer Awareness month. Before Nancy Brinker (Susan Komen's sister, Founder of the Susan B. Komen Foundation) started spreading the word about breast cancer, it was not as survivable a disease. Now you can buy products in the store that will support a breast cancer cause.Like Nancy, one of the ways we can share the word about lung cancer is to tell people about it. Right now, the disease is only 5% survivable. It doesn't matter if you smoked all your life or never picked up a cigarette. That is a very low and scary number. One day, I hope to see lung cancer as being 80% survivable, like breast cancer. Please consider adding this code to your side bar. If you do not want the image center aligned, just removed the at the beginning and at the end. And if you add Laurianne, let us know. I will be creating a post of the blogs that have added this image.





Make people aware!
Add
to your webpage or blog!



Please share, as I have shared.

Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

1 comment:

Lynda said...

Thanks, Cathy! I hope people see it and share. You are terrific!