Wednesday, November 08, 2006

To My Anonymous Commenter (and regular commenters)

Because of the "nice" post submitted by the anonymous poster this afternoon, I have decided to change my comments to registered Blogger.com (or blogspot.com) users.

The bottom line: This is MY Blog. I'm throwing out the "Creativity Card" here! This is where I share my thoughts and feelings with my friends, family, and those who want to read. There are SO MANY blogs out there that have so many grammatical errors. Believe me, I'm happy that I've only had two.

BUT, just because I am working at being a Technical Writer DOES NOT mean that my personal BLOG has to be "business." That is reserved for another Web site, my online portfolio.

There, if there are any issues, by all means, let me know, THROUGH EMAIL. To me, I am too close to the subject of the pages that I've created on my online portfolio. If someone emails me, letting me know there are editing errors, I won't be as critical as I am about my posts here.

So, in the end, if you don't have an account on Blogger, sorry, you can't post here. It's tough, but I have to do it. There's no reason for someone to leave an anonymous post, but not email me first. And to answer anyone's question about "what email," all you have to do is access my profile. It's RIGHT there!

Cathy
8^ )

3 comments:

Miki said...

Cathy,
sorry that you had to do this, it is a real pain in the A** wgeb sineibe cirrects your blog, I know, I had a blog of poetry, writing when the words came, and deleted it due to a commentator. I was given tips, as if I were in a creative writing class. I commented back and told the person that while I appreciated the fact that they read the blog, I didn't appreciate the "suggestions" to changing it. Poetry is intensly personal, and I offered no explaination to or for the way that my poem was written. Never did, never will. I have been edited by a great poet, and won't allow someone who thinks they are the best edit or suggest about the content of my personal stuff!
Good for you that you wrote back to that ignorant person who thought that they should"point out" problems with your personal stuff! That one is an idiot, don't they realize that this isn't the classroom, it isn't work????? PLEASE, I speak improperly, I write improperly, that doesn't mean that I don't know better! SO give them HELL!

Unknown said...

This way you don't have to deal with idiots, I totally understand!

Martin said...

Congrats for standing up for yourself. B) There are a lot of people out there that 'troll' blogs with a need to spread negativity. It happens. As a person that loves people in general, you do have to ignore the idiots and give them less of a forum to grandstand. Bravo.