Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Criss Cross Applesauce and Cannibalism

Yep, you read that right. Yesterday, I helped out at my daughter's school for their Thanksgiving celebration. They had turkey stew, corn bread muffins, and pumpkin pudding (will share recipe here).
I had to threaten Cassi she couldn't go to Pa's house if she didn't eat one spoon of the soup. She was so upset. But, that's all I asked. It had a little turkey, corn, and green bean, along with some broth. But, she did eat 2 corn muffins. I got the opportunity to have a cup of soup (not enough seasoning for me), part of Cassi's second muffin, and 2 cups of pumpkin pudding. Oh, the recipe:

this is for a large batch, just adjust down accordingly:
1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin
4 small boxes vanilla instant pudding
4 cups milk
2 TBS pumpkin pie spice

just mix everything together and chill. It tastes REALLY good.

I took LOTS of pictures from the day. Because there are 4 classes, there were LOTS of kids.
I have pictures, but Blogger doesn't seem to want to be good to me. So, I'll add them to another post.

After the feast, they all sat down and watched the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving. I thought it was quite funny. Okay, I didn't watch the entire show, but, I sat down with Cassi right at the point where the kids get hauled off to Chuck's grandmother's house. Then, you see Snoopy and Woodstock sitting down to a large turkey.

Now, think about it. Wouldn't it be CANNIBALISM to have Woodstock, a bird, EAT a BIRD? Just thought I would mention it as I've never really watched the movie. I'll just have to watch the movie now and get some ideas. Thoughts just come from everywhere.
Okay, with that said, HAPPY TURKEY day to all my friends and family (and all my faithful readers).
Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

1 comment:

Lynda said...

Woodstock requested Tofurkey, but you know....