Sunday, October 01, 2006

Tiring Weekend...But Good!

Well, this weekend was good at work, but tiring. Last night, I came home and washed 2 loads of laundry. While that was going on, I got to watch the Lindsay Lohan movie, "Mean Girls." It's one of the movies we're watching in my Gender in Comm class. A really interesting moving. I had never seen it before. But, since Cassi was gone and Rob was at work, it was just me at the cats. They pretty much left me alone. After the movie, I watched, for the upteen-millionth time, "Dirty Dancing." I can never get over the dance at the end. I would REALLY love to learn how to dance like that. Maybe some day soon. I was asleep at 9:30pm and slept until 7:30 this morning. Luckily, I didn't have to be to work until 9 this morning.

Well, this is my fourth weekend at the job. Yesterday, I learned A LOT of new things that I had never come across before. Today was pretty quiet, except that I got to be outside in the garden area. Don't think the guys liked me much because everyone was stopping to ask me questions that I just couldn't answer. So, I made LOTS of phone calls for help.

But, even with working weekends, it appears that I'm doing MUCH more walking than I thought. So much so that I just checked my weight. Yep, even at night, after eating lunch and drinking sodas (yep, the bubbly will always be SODA to me), I am down to 290! So, it appears that my weight loss has been kick-started again.

AND, there's this VERY NICE guy who works with me. He works in the "lot" where he helps keep the carts cleaned, helps put stuff in cars, etc. Like me, he also works just on weekends because he is in school. And he's SO CUTE! Believe me, if I wasn't married! Ooh, too bad I'm past the mid-life crisis part. Anyway, we've chatted a lot about our school work, what we're doing etc. If I had been able to just talk to him this afternoon. Of course, I thought about it too late. I would have interviewed him for my news story that is going to press this week.

Oh, well!

So, Cassi is home. I setup her tee-pee in her room to play. Pa and Nana bought her new jeans. The girl must be going through a growth spurt. Five pairs of pants, three of them jeans became too small or too short. So, her friend, Jo got them, along with a pair of sneakers. Even though they are in the same grade, Jo is just a bean pole compared to my pipsqueak. She's filled out more since going to Pa's every weekend while I work.

The weather was beautiful here today. At work, I wore my jacket outside for all of about 10 minutes this morning.

With that, I'm going to close. I want to scan my last newspaper before I go to bed. Plus, I want to get my sidebar story ready, with the graphics and the new lead for my feature story that's going on page 1!

Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah!! Congratulations!! Keeping not just busy, but being active will help you a lot interms of loosing the weight!! Also... has Cassi been wearing her new sneakers?

Cathy said...

Yes, Cassi wears her sneakers to school. She still likes to use the "junky" ones to Pa's. They are much easier for her to use.