Monday, October 02, 2006

Good Exercise Day...

Well, I FINALLY decided to wear my digiwalker to school today. Of course, Monday's and Wednesday's are my walks from BFE to class. Both of my classes are in the same building, but I have to walk from no man's land to get there. Today, I was lucky enough to be about a block closer. But, I still walked almost 2 miles from the time I left the house to drop Cassi off at school and when I returned home, after picking her up.

Luckily today, I was able to get my page approved for this week's edition. For this week, I am formatting page 5. The print editions of our newspaper has 8 pages. Two weeks ago, I did page 4. But, this time, I was supposed to be working with someone to put the page together. But, as usual, I get to school by 10 so that any news stuff, I can get done before my first class. The first story was ready. I started to place it. Once I got to class, the girl I was working with, sat there. Of course, as everyone can remember, I am a take charge kinda girl. So, I just took the mouse and started placing stuff. I also took over and made the necessary graphics updates for the photo we used with the story. Then, Cliff got our second story ready. By that time, my co-worker left for her job, which I completely understand. But, because of myh timing issues with Wednesday, I wanted to stay as long as possible to get it done today. I can safely stay until 2pm and still make it back to Elyria in time for Cassi. So, I got it finished, had Cliff review, then, I spell-checked the story, printed it twice, and put on the board the page was approved.

So, all in all, today was an interesting day. I got, probably, three miles walked total.

This afternoon, I started getting my cooking needs satisfied. Because hubby worked 12 hours overtime this evening, I needed to make sure I cooked dinner for him. Out of three days, I had to cook at least once. The last two nights, I just couldn't because of working. But, today, I could.

I made baked chicken in the oven, with a little poultry seasoning and chicken soup base. I also made home made corn chowder. It was AWESOME! It's a recipe from our Waktins business. (Oh, yeah! I need to talk about our home-based business about the Watkins products we sell.) But, it started helping me with my need to cook. Yep, Marie, I guess I'm REALLY suburban, and now must have been for the past seven years, but, mostly the last three since starting this business. Even though I COMPLETELY am wanting my career back, I'm also enjoying my cooking and baking. So, tomorrow, I'll probably make the banana bread. Since Wednesday is press day at the news room, I'll bake it and bring it in for the gang. And, I'll look at bringing in stuff for tea.

Okay, with that, I'm trying the show everyone's been talking about on the blogs, Studio 60.

Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

P.S. So far, it looks really good! And, I'm recording so I can do a review tomorrow or the next day.

3 comments:

Miki said...

Hey, Cathy,
You work for a local newspaper? Cool! I always wanted to do that, and tried an internship at our local one when I was still in community college. It didn't work out with the full time college and full time job, so plate was too full at 17. Anyhow, I am not connected, and that is how those "real" jobs usually go! Glad that you got your walking in, and bannana bread goes very well with a "nice" cup of tea as well as coffee. Take it from someone who drinks both! We can't have bannana bread here at our house, hubby is allergic! Did you know that bannanas are a "cousin" to rubber products? If you are allergic to latex or black rubber products, you should stay away from banannas too! See? Head filled with information, nowhere to give it! Have a great day baking!

Cathy said...

Nope, not a local newspaper. It's a lab newspaper class I'm taking for my Bachelor's Degree. But, the class is run just like a regular newspaper. I do all sorts of stuff for the paper, not just reporting and writing stories. Wow, interesting info about the banana. You're so "full" of knowledge. AND, I LOVE your blog!

Unknown said...

Keep up the good work at school and walking!! You're doing great and I'm so proud of you!