Saturday, October 28, 2006

My Day to Vent...

Yesterday was just my day to vent. I couldn't believe all the CRAP that was going on. The kicker off of the day started with the Cuayhoga County Board of Elections. They are running a program to recruit students from CSU to work as poll workers on Election day. I called, asking if they were still looking for poll workers. Need the extra cash, and thought it would be a good way to be part of the process.

First off, the woman on the phone was nasty. She was very short with her language, etc. Then, she says, "Are you a Republican? All the democratic positions have been filled?"

Huh?

I say, "No, I'm an independent." Sorry, Marie, you're going to hate me for this, but I'm independent because I believe, when I vote, I will have an informed decision based on the information from the candidates, not just Joe Schmoe is a Democrat or Republican. Everyone needs to think this way.

Then, I say, "What does that have to do with working as a poll worker?" Personally, it shouldn't matter. Poll workers SHOULD be bi-partisan and neutral through the elections. My goal as a worker would be to make sure everyone is checked in correctly and they can vote. My political designation should have nothing to do with it.

Next problem: I am currently not a registered voter. I don't think I made it in time to register. That shouldn't matter either. I'm helping other people to vote.

So, I did a MAJOR vent to Cliff. And, I'm going to do my second story based on this. I've got conflicting information from their Web site about this.

But, the rest of the day was just a major VENT. But, don't want to get into it right now.

Gotta go. This weekend: 2 papers, 1 news story, 1 page layout (thanks Jason for the help), 1 chapter to read and define terms, baking for fund raiser next week for SPJ (Society of Professional Journalists), and goodies to get together for Tuesday's party in Cassi's class.

Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

P.S. It's 1pm and I've got to get dressed.

1 comment:

Miki said...

Cathy, you have had a full weekend, and it isn't even over yet! Thanks for stopping by, and for your great comment about my husband. Sorry that your in laws are Pooper Scoopers, I cleaned up my language there a bit, but I beleive that you did the right thing too, especially when you have a child in the house and need to protect and show her how to be a great human being. You two are showing her right from wrong, that is the best thing a parent can do for their children. Trust me, I had a brother, he died a few years ago, and the moon and sun rose and shone upon him, according to my parents. There were six of us, and he was the only boy, in fact, my mother, after my dad died, disowned one of my sisters because of the lies of my brother. She couldn't even see that he was trying to destroy the relationship I had with her and my father. He was pure and simple evil incarnate. To me, it was a relief when he died. So, I get what ROb is going thru, it hurts and it sucks, but he will get through, and he is the better person for doing the right thing. So are you. Take care, you aren't what they make you out to be, trust me!