Tuesday, October 10, 2006

My Chance to Teach...

Congratulate me guys. As you've read in my blog, I've got an online portfolio, where I showcase all my different writing styles to prospective employers and anyone who wants to know the "techy" side of me.

So, when I started the site last March, my career counselor says to me, how would you like to teach a class on online portfolios at our next career fair. I say, "Sure, sounds like fun."

Well, it's coming to fruition. At the end of the month, October 30 to November 3, Cleveland State is having it's Fall Career Week. AND, I am teaching a class, "Developing Your Online Portfolio." It's basically going to show everyone who attends that they too can develop they own portfolios, it doesn't have to be just for education majors or English majors. Anyone can have an online portfolio that represents what they are doing in school, employment, life, etc.

It should be a fun and informative session. I told them if it was well-taken, I would do it again in the spring.

My class is on October 30 at 3pm. If anyone happens to be in the neighborhood, it's open to ANYONE! Also, my online portfolio site is: http://eportfolio.cathyhennes.com.

You'll probably find some weird stuff being added over the next few weeks that will only be there for the class, like art files, sound bytes, etc.

Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

2 comments:

Miki said...

Good luck with the presentation! There will be a few pople who will come away from the class with a better sense of how to. I wish I was in Cleveland this weekend, but alas, Delaware is it for us this weekend. We have relatives in the Cleveland area, so someday...hey another thing to do with the apple leftovers, applesauce. It is so easy and your daughter will love it! easy to make, put all apple pieces in a pot with some water and simmer, add cinnamon if you like and then put in plastic containers and WAAAH LAAAH! Apple sauce. You do need one of those old fashioned ricers though to get the stems and pits out, but it is so worth the work!

Unknown said...

Good luck!! I know you'll do great!!