Saturday, October 28, 2006

"R" Rated post for language...

If you haven't read: http://cathyasmom.blogspot.com/2006/10/my-civic-duty.html, you'll want to start here FIRST, before reading this post.

To continue with my last post on Thursday, the bottom line: my parents ROCK and his parents SUCK!

In the afternoon on Thursday, we received a call that the officials arrested said brother. Okay. Rob decided to call his father. Cassi had gotten a Halloween card from them, with a "credit card" from McDonald's for $5. Whoo Hoo! I thought that was rather unnecessary, since they tend to not do for her like they do their other 3 grandchildren. But, Rob figured she needed to call and thank them for the card.

Rob called. Cassi was put on the phone immediately. She says to him, "Thank you for my card."

Dad says, "Is this Austin?" (fyi, Austin is said brother's son.)

I was floored. So was Rob. I said in the background, "Don't they even know their own grandchild?" Obviously not.

But, she says to him, rather loudly, "This is CASSI!" (almost yelling)

Then, they talked with her a few minutes and she left the room. Then, the bullets started flying. Dad accused Rob of lying to him to get said brother's address information. That he should have just told dad that the officials were here and wanted Michael, even though officials didn't want dad to know because dad could then call said brother and tip him off they were looking for him and would get away.

Then, they started yelling at Rob, with me in the background hearing everything from speaker phone what he is saying. Bottom line: It is all my fault their family was broken apart. (R language coming) That I'm a BITCH and not just a BITCH, but a vindictive BITCH. Hey, I can handle that. Never been called a "bad girl" before. Sounds kinda nice!

Also, we don't do for them like we do for my parents. Agreed, we don't. Not when we purchase a brand new car every 2 years, WITH CASH. Not when they gut and renovate an entire kitchen when mom doesn't like the way the stove looks next to the fridge (also with all BRAND NEW appliances). But, according to them, I've purchased a mink coat for my mom. Mom? Did you find that coat yet? I know we, I purchased for them winter coats. That was when we first got married and I was working. It was MY money that paid for 2 winter coats for them from WAL-MART. Hmmm? Where's the mink in that coat? Then, they said we purchased a lawn mower for my grandfather. First off, it wasn't us who purchased the mower. Rob went with MY DAD, to find a mower and dad paid for it. BESIDES, the lawn that was the "cut-ee" of said mower was smaller than my side yard. One swipe and DONE!

Then, they got into how they were continually called by Rob's friends in Washington state, that he was drunk all the time. Huuuuuhhhhh???? Before my time. I was with someone else at that time. (my love affair)

And, then, they threw the "you're grandmother's been crying all day because of you" into the call. Because she just had major surgery, she has been staying with them, to be cared for. Not sure if I believe it. Then, Rob was hung up on.

Rob called back. Mom answered and plainly said, "Your wife is a BITCH. You can defend her if you want, she's your wife. She's BITCH!" They talked for a little while. Then, she threw the "grandmother" card down too. "She's sitting right next to me and has heard everything we said. She knows how much you lie!"

Huuuhhhh??? The only time I've heard Rob LIE to them was that morning, for a good reason. But, dad was bound and determined to make Rob out to be a liar. He demanded to know officer's phone number, which Rob gave. He didn't believe Rob when Rob told him there were 5 marshalls in my house.

Of course, officer can't tell him what's going on because of an on-going investigation, but did tell dad that not only were there 5 marshalls IN THE HOUSE, there were 20 total surrounding my house. Dad didn't believe Rob that it would take that many people to bring him down. Well, they were in full riot gear, bullet-proof vests ablazing.

Have you ever watched "Cops" before? If you have, then you understand that it CAN take LOADS of officers to take one person down. And, as my sister told me, they didn't know if said brother had a gun, had other people to bring down from the house, etc. They didn't know what would be going on in the house.

Then, last night, we get this email, basically trying to guilt trip us that said brother's son did nothing but cry because he got nothing for his birthday and didn't have dad to cry to because there was a fire and lost everything.

Sorry. Not my fault. If he had been doing his job to begin with, no officers would have come to my house. And, yes, call me a stoolie, but when 5 officers come into your house in full riot gear, you give them any information they want.

For those of you wondering, Cassi is doing just fine from all of this. She thought the whole thing was cool. When they were here, she walked around them, looking at the stuff on their waists. No, she didn't touch, she just looked. So, I've stopped asking her because she's not saying anything. I've even asked teacher, who said she hasn't said anything about police being at the house.

And, Rob has said, and I agree 100% with him, we would do it again in a heart beat.

With that, these are my final thoughts on this subject. Okay, so Rob has severed his ties with his parents. My parents are more his parents than his are!


Conclusion:
MY PARENTS ROCK!

Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

No comments: