Thursday, October 19, 2006

Quiet in the Household...

Yep, I know "Ugly Betty" is on right now. My ABSOLUTE, all-time favorite show (even though it is brand new).

It's VERY quiet this evening. Cassi is playing on one of her three favorite Web sites: pbs.org, playhousedisney.com, or noggin.com. Or, she's playing Spider Solitaire. I always love playing it when I need a quick, not thinking, moment. She's learning how to play it on her own.

Hubby is sleeping. He is working over this evening. No, he won't get any OT, but he won't need to use any vacation time. Over the next 5 weeks, he is in a Wednesday all-day class for IV Therapy certification. Since the class is during the day, he'll be working 2 12-hour shifts and 1 8-hour shift. So, by working this evening, he won't have to take the vacation time he thought he would have time. But, on the positive side, he'll have 40 hours for the week, instead of 36.

So, everyone watch out! Once he's certified, he'll be able to stick people with needles and start IVs, etc.

But, the title of this post has NOTHING to do with what I just blabbed. The whole reason it's so quiet is that our WONDERFUL, NEW TV decided it just didn't want to turn on this morning. It worked last night before we went to bed. But, deadsville! So, hubby started looking for the receipt THAT WE BOUGHT IN MAY! He decided to get mad at me, because it always seems to be my fault that I throw ALL receipts away. But, luckily for both of us, the receipt was kept, just living in a box (until he decides to finish my office closet). Without the receipt, we were dead in the water to get it fixed. So, we hauled the box over to a place, which happens to be a "key" repair center, a whole half hour away in Parma. (Yes, if you've ever seen older Drew Carey shows, this is the same Parma he talks about in the theme song, "Moon Over Parma.") We get there, give them all the necessary info, and the man says,

"Now, becuase there will be no charge since this is covered under your one year warranty. It will take 10-14 days to finish."

And, I'm thinking to myself, "Are you f-ing crazy!????? 14 DAYS!!!!!"

So, on the way home, I tell hubby, "Don't worry about bringing out the TV from the bedroom. If Cassi wants to watch TV, she can go to her room. If you're sleeping, it will just give me more time to do homework or work on my computer."

You see, I've got so much stuff I can do on my computer, I could live on it for 3 years and still not have it done. So, I guess I'm one pretty busy chick!

So, at least for the next 2 weeks, being TV-less in the living room will be kida nice and quiet.

Oh, and I can read my Wall Street Journals that I got for free from my old Continental Rewards points.

With that, I'm going to close for now. Hubby gets up soon and Cassi will be going to bed soon.

Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

2 comments:

Miki said...

Good luck with that No TV thing! We have one in our room, and in the living room. There is also one in the playroom downstairs. The boys share a room, so that might be disasterous, and Cassidy well, she would never turn off the darn thing, so they are tvless. When we had ours fixed, it was a nightmare, we all piled into the bedroom on the bed. A scene to behold!

Unknown said...

Sounds like it will be quiet!! Betty was awesome on Thursday! Just think you will be able to enjoy multiple shows when you finally do get your tv back! And it is better that you are getting your homework done!