Thursday, May 31, 2007

So This Isn't Just a Passing Thing...

Nicole just called my cell phone this evening. It first came up restricted. She called at 9:46 pm. Then, she called again at 9:51 pm, which I decided to ignore. I answered the phone the first time to no one talking and then hung up.

The third time, I answer the phone.

"Hello," I said.

"Where's my dad? This is Nicky." she said.

"He's working," I said.

"Well, if you talk to him, tell him I called. Oh, do you want my phone number? ########" she said.

I hung up the phone and sent Rob a text message that his daughter was looking for him. Then a second msg that she called me. Then a 3rd msg with the phone number. Then finally a 4th msg telling him to call me after he was done talking to her.

This is not a passing fancy. Something serious is going on. Why don't people listen to me? I think she's going to have to move in here pretty quickly. I don't know what to think.

I do know one thing. This isn't just a passing fancy, especially if she is calling him dad. He hasn't seen her in over 10 years. As Lynda said, I am a good person. But, I don't have to be happy about it. I was starting to feel better today. Not now.

Not happy.
Cathy

Update: 10:40 pm. After Rob called me at 10:15pm, I asked him what she wanted. He told me she wanted our mailing address so she could send him a letter. But, after I told him how many times it took that she called before she would talk and how she talked with me, he was not happy. She did have an attitude when she said where's my dad? He didn't know what phone number she used to call me. I told him I kept the number in my cell so if she calls again, I know who it is. But, I asked him if I could read the letter when it came (open it). He said no, but we would open it together and read it together. I told him that I knew something was coming and it was going to be fast. I told him, "You just don't listen to me. I know." Marie, maybe this is my psychic powers working for me, just different that what you can do.

2 comments:

Miki said...

Cathy, when things transpire, you must sit down with Rob beforehand. Ground rules have to be set, and enforced. If she comes to live with you, a big IF, you have to make sure that house rules are in place ahead of time and time is set aside for adjustment to your home, and to her being there. Remember IF is a big word. Counseling may be an option IF. But seriously, research the records, find out about the adoption, find legal advice about financial stuff before. Find out your rights under state law, so that it can be taken care of. Don't panic, let your logic guide you, phychic ability can only take you so far, logic will take you the rest of the way.

Unknown said...

First of all, her mom may have told her that your phone number was his phone number. It might have been her being in shock that you picked up that caused her not to talk. And you can't worry about changing the room around, he doesn't have custody, so she can't just move in. You have to wait and see what happens. Remember, this girl has been through a lot over the last few years with her step-dad dying and her mom getting sick. And who knows where the boyfriend fits in, maybe she is just scared!