Friday, May 04, 2007

The MAN's B-day...

I know it's late in the day, but...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

This is to the one man in my life who's made the most impact in my life. Any idea who it might be?

Yep, it's my husband. He calls himself "The Man" and is very boastful about it.

BUT, I love him all the same. We get to share our lives together, which is the best part of being married to this wonderful, kind, thoughtful man.

I only got him something small for his birthday. He said, "What another one of these tool sets? I'll have all these sets and no where to put them."

He didn't understand, I bought this set for him because of how many didn't ratchets (wrench pieces) it had to the screwdriver handle. AND, what I didn't realize what how many different screwdriver choices it had too.

But, it was on clearance. Can you beat getting something shipped to you via UPS and only being charged $2.50 for the shipping? Anything else I would want to get him is just way too expensive right now. I'm a "starving" college woman right now, sans job. He actually paid for his gift.

Hopefully, he will use it while we spend the summer fixing up the living room.

With that, I'm going to close. Too much on the brain. I need to drain and relax before going to bed.

Everyone pray for me. I told my child she could sleep with me because, Rob's working tonight. Yes, on his birthday. Cassi will kick the crap out of my back tonight.

Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

P.S. So what did I do for his birthday? I made him a red velvet cake in my Bake 'N Fill pan with vanilla pudding in the center and the sour cream frosting I made for Marie's cake. He really enjoyed it. He's not a cake eater but likes red velvet cake. We also had left over spaghetti for dinner before he went to work.

3 comments:

Ralph said...

Well tell him Happy Birthday from us.
Congrat's on making the National Deans List. That's pretty cool.
Ralph

Cupcake Blonde said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby!!

That cake sounds very yummy. And I hope Cass kept her feet to herself. :)

Lynda said...

Happy Birthday to him!!

I am sure he will find a use for his birthday present. It sounds like you might have some more home improvement stories this summer!