Monday, May 14, 2007

Been Away...

Sorry, guys! I know Vegas Princess just left a comment on my last post. In short, last week was HELL! Remember, you asked for it.

Even though I had 2 finals, I had other stuff going on. Here's just a rundown:

Monday: have my journal finalized and turned into my poetry professor. Just so everyone knows, if you've left me comments on my blog, you also contributed to my 3" binder of journal. The journal consisted of one entry per day of personal interaction (life in general) and poetry interaction (writing a poem, research, etc.). Also, on Monday, everyone finalized their poem submissions for the class manuscript. AND, even though I thought we would be able to do our memorizations for a grade, it was only a "dress rehearsal."

Tuesday: after finalizing the layout and paging for the class manuscript, print 14 copies, hole punch them in my comb binding machine and bind them. I did have help from 2 of the gang from class. It was a good thing too. I had all 14 copies completed printing and hole punched by 11pm that evening. All except the cover. Michelle, who came over to help, drew the cover. I scanned it on Wednesday and printed 14 copies. But, for the folks who came over, I promised them din-din for their help. Everyone had to eat, eh? I made my famous home-made Chicken Alfredo (that I just finished leftovers yesterday).

Wednesday: As I just stated, I printed 14 copies of the cover. Or, rather, Rob printed the copies for me, while I was in the living room, working on the "putting together" of the printed copies with the combs. We also went out for a few hours and played with our camera, taking pictures of the Canadian geese, etc. Pictures to follow this week. This day was my final in my poetry class. I had memorized a 35-line poem. I even got into the theme of the poem. It was "Vanity Fair" by Sylvia Plath. Basically, it's a poem about a woman who is tarnished by the reality of love. She was a real BITCH. I had fun! A! Because Rob was working Wednesday and Thursday nights, Cassi went to Pa's. I picked up Cassi and went to Marc's grocery store to pick up makings for cake and popsicles. Last week was also teacher appreciation week. The principal ordered lunch for all the teachers that the PTO will get billed. I made 2 of my famous Bake N Fill (like the one I did for Marie's birthday) for the teachers. I made a "Strawberry Shortcake" cake which was yellow cake on the top, strawberry cake on the bottom. It was filled with vanilla pudding and sliced strawberries. This time, I added a little strawberry extract to the sour cream frosting to give it a pink look and flavor.

Thursday: This morning, I completed making the second cake, a "Banana Split" cake. It was a chocolate cake on top and strawberry on the bottom. It was filled with banana pudding and bananas. With the frosting, I added banana extract and gave it a yellow-ish tint. Today, I took the cakes to lunch, had a PTO meeting, and had my final in Technical Writing. I definitely had lots less to worry about on this exam. I was done in an hour.

Friday: I walked with Cassi to school. I was told by Dan (the treasurer of PTO) that there were tumblers in a closet to be given out to the teachers for teacher appreciation week. Hmmm? I got them out and walked around the school, handing them out. VERY Cool! The teachers simply adored the gifts. My guess is that they don't get treated as well as we treated them this year. Next year, we'll have to do what we did at the Kindergarten Village school (goodies every day).

Saturday/Sunday: Cassi went to Pa's. We got her a new pair of roller skates. She's enjoying it, but needs to practice. I was told the other girls were going so fast, much faster than her. She was sad because they didn't want to stop and be friends with her. Well, she'll get better in time. Also, her buddy, Nick, was not working. He always spends time with her, showing her how to skate. But, Saturday morning, my throat started to hurt. I figured, maybe it's because I'm now done with school. Last week was CRAZY. But, it didn't go away. And what's more, it was getting worse because I couldn't breathe (stuffed nose). Rob worked and I stayed home sick. After talking with Marie today, who also suffers terribly with allergies, it's probably my allergies causing this problem.

Today, I'm better. I find out on the news that the tree pollen is well above the 600's. Just so happens I'm allergic to trees (and grass and perfume).

So, that's how it goes. I've got more tidbits, but I'll hold them until tomorrow after my interview.

Ooops, did I let that slip out. Every time I tell people I've got a job interview, I end up not getting it. Wish me luck on this one. My Technical Writer professor has suggested applying with this company all semester. The lead guy even came into class to talk with us about what they do. The job, you ask? It's a Content Developer, writing online learnings for the manufacturing industry. Before you ask, No you do not have to be an expert in the manufacturing industry to write these classes. Rob thought that. You just have to know how to write and interview and prepare information from those "in the know." You know, those Subject Matter Experts (SMEs). I REALLY want this job. Why? Because: 1. I'm perfect for the job with my past experience, 2. I was referred to this job by a professor who should be giving me an A in Technical Writing (a grad/doctoral/undergrad class), and 3. I REALLY need to work.

So, everyone, wish me luck. I've got my questions together. I was told to make sure I've got my references and resume because I'll be filling out an application when I get there. AND, make sure I bring writing samples. Got all 3! The job is on the east side of Cleveland, at E. 152nd Street and Rt. 90 East (the shoreway), a little bit further than I drive now to get to school. An easy drive indeed. I would love to start work in the next week to 2 weeks. We'll see. And, I promise to update everyone.

With that, I'll close this for now. It's after 11pm. I've got to get up early and get Cassi to school. This week is equally as crazy. Tuesday: interview. Thursday: IEP major meeting with Cassi's teachers. Friday: parent mom for 1st grade field trip to Lake Farm Park (photos to come of that too.).

Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

P.S. I also hadn't written because I really wasn't sure what to write about. Guess I had more fodder than I thought!

1 comment:

Cupcake Blonde said...

Wow, you certainly did have quite a week!

Good luck! Good luck! Good luck!! You will be awesome and totally brilliant and get the job in a flash!