Saturday, May 19, 2007

Advice for all my Female Friends...

Just thought I'd share a tid-bit of information I learned at the Lake County Metroparks. First, Lake County is the county to the east of Cuyahoga. We went to Lake Farm Park with the first graders for their field trip. It is a working farm.

In one of the areas, the kids get to milk a cow. In the questions and discussions, someone asked what a female cow is called before she has her first child? Answer: a heffer.

So, I told the 2 moms behind me, and to my blog friends who've had children:

Remember, when someone calls you a heffer, you tell them, "I'm sorry. I can't be a heffer. I've had children. I'm just a cow!"




Now, on the flip side, those of you who haven't had children yet can say, "Thank you. But once I've had a child, I will no longer be a heffer." (just thought of that one now)

Lots of love,
Cathy
8^ )

P.S. More on the field trip and pictures later today.

4 comments:

Lynda said...

Or, you could say, "That's a bunch of bull!" =D

Cupcake Blonde said...

Ha! We have a bar here called Hogs & Heifers. I'd rather be a heifer than a hog.

Unknown said...

That's a cool fact I didn't know!! Thanks! I heard munchkin didn't like milking the cows!

Cathy said...

Vegas Princess, I'm sorry to agree with you, but you would be a heifer (and thanks for spelling it right for me) because you've had no children.

Marie, Yes, Cassi hated touching the utter. And, give it to Cassi to ask why do cows have utters? That's like asking why do women have BOOBS!