Monday, May 14, 2007

The Fuzz....

After I saw this, I just couldn't NOT talk about it.

The county that Cleveland resides in is called Cuyahoga County. OK. For the month of May, the Ohio State Police have beefed up their patrols to catch speeders on Rt. 90 (north part of the county) and Rt. 480 (south part of the county). And, it's just not a few cars here and there.

The Thursday of my final, I was driving into the county because I live in Lorain, the next county to the west of Cuyahoga. So, coming into town and almost to my dad's exit, there are 3 state troopers in the left burm, all tagging drivers.

OK.

Drive a little further up and you've got another one on the left burm, with a car, giving him a ticket.

OK.

A little further from there, there's an incline that goes over one of the city streets, and with traffic heavy on the highway, you see this trooper get out of his car on the left burm.

He walks out into traffic to point at a driver 3 lanes over (of a 4 lane highway), points to the driver, and motions to him him to get to the left burm for his ticket. Now, this is tough to describe without a vid to see how he sharply pointed, YOU ---- HERE!

I'm so glad I've been watching my speeding. But, I have to admit, even though I like to speed, I typically only go 5 miles over.

For the first week of this sting operation, the police wrote tickets for over 600 drivers.

I just had to share that. I couldn't believe this cop being so obnoxious that he didn't care about his safety to walk right out onto a busy highway to tell someone to pull over.

Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

No comments: