Monday, March 03, 2008

20 Hours!

Can you believe that?!

From midnight Saturday night until midnight last night, I slept, yes, SLEPT 20 out of the 24 hours. Luckily enough for me, Rob was working the weekend and Cassi was at Pa's until Sunday evening.

Finally got to bed at midnight after getting my car back from Dan. We swapped car/truck because we used his truck to get shelled corn for our pellet stove on Saturday.

I slept until Rob came home. I know he was tired and exhausted from working. He got into bed at 8:30 am Sunday. I got up, pottied and fell asleep on the couch until 1:30 pm. Got up, at a bagel, cleaned out the pellet stove and fell back to sleep til 4pm.

Got up, heated up din din for Rob. Cassi got home. I took another nap from 6:3o til 8. Got up, got her ready for bed, had to sleep with me. I was up til 10:30-ish. Was back asleep by 11 pm until 7:30 am this morning.

Could REALLY go back to sleep now. But, I'm downtown until 6pm. Oh, well. And, maybe I can get a paper out this evening for my film class. We'll see.

Lots of love,
Cathy
8^ )

P.S. I have had to drink 1 can of soda today. Rob thought it was my wanting to "kick" the habit that caused me to sleep so long. I say nay because I drink decaf soda. But, maybe something secret is inside, causing me to want to drink more. Now that I'm getting off soda completely, it's rearing its ugly head. I'm still working on the "kicking" the habit.

3 comments:

jellybean said...

yes yes! giving up soda is tough. it's just like they say " you don't want it til you can't have it."
but i've heard that it does wonders for folks who are trying to loose weight. i lost 10 lbs once when i switched to only drinking water.(this was forever ago though) of course i'm hooked on coffee now and woudln't give that up to save my life! and i stil have more than the occasional cocacola! but soda does make us retain water, i think that's part of the weight loss when we cut it out. we're not bloated from all the sugar and carbonation anymore!

i'm glad you got some rest. you must have been super tired!
good luck kicking the soda habit! you can do it!

Unknown said...

Keep up the good work with trying to quit soda! A good change would be tea with honey, then you can go decaf or caffeinated and you would be fine! As for the sleeping a lot, you have ALWAYS been the kind of person who sleeps a ton!! Now you are accumulating a huge sleep debt because of school and everything else! That is why you slept so much this past weekend!! My sleep debt is starting to catch up with me, but I plan to start settling my debt this weekend when I start my week off!!

Cupcake Blonde said...

When I read the first line I thought you meant you slept them all in one fell swoop. Something I have done plenty of times myself. I can sleep like no other. It is not unusual for me to go 10 or 12 hours at a time as my regular sleeping schedule if time allows. But you let me go I can lseep forever. Guess I am constantly playing catch up.