Saturday, March 08, 2008

WOW! What a Week!

OK! For all of you NOT in the Cleveland, OH area, the weather up here SUCKS! Yesterday, with only 3 hours into the snow storm, I drove home from my internship. A typical 30-40 minute trip home, took an hour. To top it off, Rob had to work last night. He ended up getting up at 2:30 pm because he had to "go." He checked to see where I was, which happened to be almost home, but REALLY slow. He ended up staying up. Good thing because I would have gotten him up by 4pm anyway.

Drove down the street to get Cassi.

We came home and I made din din. I made Chicken Alfredo, with my favorite recipe for sauce. Rob ate and took a shower. He ended up leaving by 5:30. Luckily, he was able to get to work in a little over an hour.

While he was gone last night, Cassi and cleaned and removed extra toys from her room to the basement. We also rearranged her bedroom. With us not using the central furnace, this allowed us to put her bed in front of her heating vent. This allows her to have an ENORMOUS amount of space in the middle of her bedroom for playing and having friends over for sleepover. We'll be able to put an air mattress in her room so her friends can stay in the room with her. Also, because the closet is on the wall that flanks the garage, the closet tends to ALWAYS be cold. She will be away from the closet and the cold.

Come summer we'll be able to go through her toys in the basement. I think we'll look at taking all her toys out to Jamie's Flea Market to try to sell them. If we can sell them, I'm thinking about giving her part of the money for Christmas presents for her to buy.

Today, Rob came home and snow blowed out the drive and sidewalk before he went to bed. Come the afternoon, the snow blowed back up onto the walkway and in front of the door. I've got pictures from inside the house and out the front door (like I did about this time last year). I'll try to get them posted tomorrow. Sadly, the camera I've got now has a CF card. My laptop has an opening for an SD card. Eh!

But, I've been working on a journal the past week to keep track of what we've been doing with the stove. I'll start posting information about the stove here this week as my rough draft of my magazine article is due this week. But, I won't post the full article until after I've sent it to a magazine for possible publishing.

Lots of love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

1 comment:

Cupcake Blonde said...

I saw the footage with all the snow and thought of you. Right after I laughed and once again thanked the good Lord that I no longer had to deal with all of that crap. :)