Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Hog Dogs for Lunch...

Last night, with the MASSIVE, nasty storm that came to us, I decided to cook up some hot dogs for dinner. At the time, Cassi's friend, Alexis, was over. I had to run to the store to pick up hot dog buns to go with as I had none.

Anyway, there were leftovers. Rob got some today as he's home and I brought some to work. (Rob believes my internship isn't work because I'm not getting paid. He says it's school. I say work because I don't get homework here. But, that's another story.)

I'm sitting here eating the hot dogs. I am reminded of when I was a kid and mom went to the farmer's market, where she would grocery shop. She had a friendly relationship with the meat man. He always let us come behind the meat counter and get samples of bologna, etc. My favorite was getting the hot dogs. They were "home made" hot dogs. And, in case you're wondering, they were cold, uncooked. But, if you think about it, bologna is just a LARGE hot dog.

So, as I am sitting here eating, I am reminded by the smell and taste of my hot dog back to when I was a kid.

Cool how something so small brings back such good memories.

Lots of love,
Cathy
8^ )

1 comment:

Cupcake Blonde said...

Great...now I need to go make some hot dogs and mac and cheese to eat.