Sunday, February 10, 2008

Cassi Cried...

Rob called me about 10 pm. He told me to put on Channel 5 (that's our ABC Affiliate). Look at the scroll at the bottom. Whether I wanted to know it or not, Cassi is off school tomorrow.

Well, just before he called, Cassi got up, said she had had a nightmare and couldn't sleep. "Can I watch some TV?"

"No, go back to bed."

After he called, I looked it up on their Web site. Lo and behold, she's off. Should have realized this was going to happen when the outside temp (before the wind chill) was below 7 degrees. For some reason, and I think this is a state requirement, when the air temp reaches 7 degrees or lower, they close the schools.

So, she got up and cried. She couldn't understand why she can't go to school.

Then, she stopped.

And asked if she could watch TV. OK. She's still up now but watching TV in bed.

So sad. But, for me, I don't get to go to my internship. On the bright side, I get to finish some homework for class tomorrow.

Lots of love,
Cathy
8^ )

Pray for me to have patience.

3 comments:

Cupcake Blonde said...

Man, I wish I could have a day off because it is too hot.

Unknown said...

That's too funny! She cried because she couldn't go to school. But then stopped when she realized that now you wouldn't have a reason to tell her no to watching TV and grabbed it!! She's a smart cookie!!

Cathy said...

The negotiator ALWAYS wins!