Sunday, February 03, 2008

Fun Weekend...

Cassi is definitely enjoying herself this weekend. Not because she's at Pa's like usual. She's with me.

Yesterday, I took her to the roll arena. I have LOTS of reading to finish this weekend for next week that I got a good chunk done. I read most of my magazine writing textbook. Today, on Sunday, as I write this, I am working on the written portions of my homework for Tuesday.

But, while we were at the rink, Cassi spent some time practicing skating backwards. And, they have lessons on Saturdays. She wants to try some lessons. We'll see. She does a wonderful job now. I know the lessons would be good for the harder stuff. She got to see 2 girls who were skate-dancing, like an ice skater would do.

Before skating, we went to Grandpa Dave's to look at his anti-virus. Turns out he really doesn't have an anti-virus program on his computer. He's been using the one that comes with AOL. I loaded an older one that I'll have to go back to remove because the definitions subscription expired. I'll remove it and see what happens. I'll do that Tuesday because Cassi is going to Pa's while I go to class.

Anyway, we went grocery shopping before skating. We REALLY needed meat for the next week or so. Plus, I needed something to cook for din din. Rob asked for flank steak. A really good, cheaper piece of meat. I bought a whole one and had it cut in half. Turns out I got two good size steaks for the three of us. But, I also picked up some fish, another steak, and sausage (for spaghetti).

Then, she skated and I read. It was hilarious. I took a photo of her and sent it to Marie. A little hard to pick out because she was so far away, but you can tell it's her by her white t-shirt.

In the evening, I cooked din din and we all ate. She ate eight pieces of steak and a whole baked potato. She's eating more of the foods we eat now, but in portions. In the evening, we watched one of the movies Marie sent Cassi, "Meet the Robinsons." Since we went to Pa's, we picked up the movies, iPod money, and Christmas ornament Marie sent. Luck dog that Cassi is, Aunt Marie sends her money for being good at school. For December, she got $10. This money is being saved by Pa for her to get Christmas gifts at the end of the year. Very good idea.

So, we watched the movie twice. The second time, she fell asleep. I let her sleep with me again as Rob is working this weekend.

Today, we planned on bowling. Cassi only bowled one game. The lanes Rob and I use send us coupons in the mail. Today, for the super bowl, the coupon was for 42 cents a game a person. To rent shoes for her, it was $2.75. Since she only wanted to play one game cause I offered her a better option, bowling was only a buck. I've got my own shoes and ball. Rob and I played more before I had Cassi.

Now, we're at McDonald's. She's playing with the kids. This McD's is pretty good in that they have wi-fi access. I've got my laptop and am working on homework (when not writing this post). She's having a good time. I'm keeping her out of the house so Rob can sleep. He's got to work again tonight.

In a while, we'll go to the grocery store. They're having a pot luck at his work tonight. He asked if I could pick up lunch meat and goodies for his offering. So, a small lunch meat tray it is, with lettuce, tomatoes, maybe some pickles, and toppings (small containers) and a loaf of bread.

OK. Gotta get some more work done.

Lots of love,
Cathy
8^ )

4 comments:

Cupcake Blonde said...

Wow you certainly did a lot of things this weekend. Nice to see they were mostly fun things too!

Cathy said...

Yeah. But I got some homework done too. Good thing where you can go, sit and let her skate while you can read. Or go to McD's and get on the wi-fi to get some homework done while she's playing in the treehouse.

Unknown said...

Well it definetly sounded like a VERY good weekend!! And I'm glad that she is saving her money again! This way she doesn't just waste it!! And admit it, you had fun too!

Cathy said...

YES! I had fun watching her have fun. It really turned out good on Sunday taking her to McD's when I was able to jump on the wi-fi but know that she was enjoying herself meeting new kids.