Sunday, July 01, 2007

I Screwed Up...

Yet again, I screwed up. Last night, while talking with Rob, I asked about putting the wood putty on the trim.

Update: This week, the new trim was put on the floor. The front side of the room was puttied (by Rob) and painted over the putty spots (by me). The front of the room looks beautiful.

I told Rob last night that I needed to go to bed early because I was having a migraine. Indeed, after being at the flea market all day with little sleep on Friday night, I needed to go to bed early. Rob tried to explain how to do the putty, but I told him to wait until the morning.

This morning, I woke up early (because I fell asleep early). I got up and figured I would do the putty by myself and surprise him. Well, I didn't know the complete job on how to do it. I missed watching the: after you put the putty in the hole, wipe down the area to remove the excess putty on the wood OUTSIDE of the hole.

So, now the back side of the room looks like someone with a BAD case of pimples. Worst part? The putty on the outside of the hole won't come off without removing the paint too.

Rob is TOTALLY PISSED at me for this. He worked last night. Came home to this. Stopped talking to me. And went to bed.

I guess I can't do construction.

So, I washed the windows. But, I sense he'll get up and find the problems with the way I cleaned them.

Sorry to be a downer.

Lots of love,
Cathy
8^ )

2 comments:

Lynda said...

It's all a learning process. On the bright side, I am sure the house is still liveable, and Rob will forgive you sooner or later!

Cupcake Blonde said...

Oh no! Honestly this is something I would totally do! Think I was helping and make it worse instead. I am sure Rob knows you meant well.