Saturday, July 28, 2007

And the CRAP Rolls on...

Got up from sleeping Friday morning. I went out my front door, checking to see if mom was at my house yet. Mom was taking Cassi and I to get her school supplies. She also picked up a few things for us for the house.

I look toward our driveway. Rob was working, but the second car was just out of view on the side of the house. But, you can see the back end of the car. I looked and saw the rear windshield wiper sticking straight out from the car and not on the windows.

Something was wrong. I go back inside and get my shoes on. As I start walking toward the car, I notice a hot dog sitting on the roof of my Ford Focus. I start walking around my car. On the front of my car is smears of butter, on the front windshield, hood, and grill. I also saw another hot dog and ketchup or salsa.

I was SOOOO mad. I know it was the same guys who egged our house Tuesday night. It happened some time between 11pm Thursday night and the morning on Friday.

Rob was working. He was actually on his way to the car dealer to have the car looked at for repairs from Tuesday's accident. I told him he had to call me for an emergency. Told him what happened and that I called the police.

The officer came and did nothing. He wasn't even going to file a report. All he told me was, when Rob works to park my car closer to the house. He also said I need to buy and install motion lights over my garage and should buy and setup video cameras to watch the house.

Why should I have to do ANY of this? He was there and gone. I called Rob and told him what happened. He ended up going straight to the police department. He was furious with them. The officer ended up having to come into the station and file a full report. While this was going on, Rob was texting me back and forth to get the correct information because, of course, the officer didn't write down half of what I told him. Then, I used the phone on the cell to take pictures and send them to him at the station. But, as I did Tuesday night, I took pictures on the digital camera.

So, can you see how bad the week has been for me?

Calgon, take me away!

Lots of love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

P.S. Hope your week has been better!

4 comments:

Cupcake Blonde said...

That really sucks but what is worse is the cop did not take you seriously. I mean, come on, I know it is not a murder but that is tresspassing and vandalism.

The cameras might not be a bad idea. Then when you catch the assholes submit them to the lovely station Marie and I worked for and tell them you are starting a neighborhood watch.

Lynda said...

The officers did nothing when our window got busted too. That really sucks.

One thing you could do is call your police department and ask them to do a drive by for about a week. Maybe the kids will see the police presence and behave themselves. Or at least stop for a little while.

Unknown said...

That totally sucks!! I bet you can't wait for the kids to get back in school so they are to busy to be jack asses!

Unknown said...

I forgot to ask, do you think it could be Rob's brother?