Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Everything is Good...

After being ignored for most of the day Sunday, Rob came around. He painted the trim once, then I did it again. We also took the door off the coat closet. He sanded down the door and I painted it white. The door needed to be sanded because of the old shalack-y stuff on it. Otherwise the paint likes to peel right off. However, for the door trim for that door and the front door, we're taking our chances. He just painted right over the shalack. He also painted in our entry and put a new light bulb in the light right above the door (yep, I've got 2 outdoor lights right at the door). And, all of the painting is done in the living room.

I'll post pictures soon.

The lawn is cut and the hedges are trimmed. While trimming the last hedge, Rob found out we've got a robin's nest in the hedge with babies (a couple of eggs).

Sunday night and Monday night, all of the furniture was put back into the living room. I brought up all the stuff that will end up in the living room. There's much that will end up staying in the basement.

Last night, we enjoyed the fireworks with Dan, his girlfriend, and daughter.

On the Business Front...

Today, I finished some design of birthday magnets for a customer from last week. I'll have them ready for her on Friday. And, she wants to order some Watkins Products from me.

I've got my first wedding invitation project. The person is a dealer at the flea market. I should make out pretty well with the invites. I'll have the samples to her on Saturday. Then, I'll have the finished product to her within a week as she needs them pretty quickly to mail out. She and her husband are renewing their vows on Aug 25.

Plus, a bride-to-be and mom came by the booth today. I got her name and email address to keep in touch with her. Her wedding is next May so she's got time. But, she liked the wedding verses and things that I've got. Plus, as I told the first wedding project, I looked on the Internet today to compare my pricing. I'm charging a lot less than if you got off the Internet. As a bonus, I do full color, along with graphics. I found 2 places on the net that charges $214 for 150 invitations that have no graphics, just black text and are for the wedding invitations ONLY. My pricing is $2.50 for the wedding invitation, envelope, response card, and response card envelope. This includes my time to design the invitation with color and graphics. And, I will still make money on the projects.

Okay. It's about 3:30 on July 4. Happy July 4 everyone. I'm finishing printing some stuff on my computer then I'll be going home. And then over to Dan's for a cookout.

Lots of love,
Cathy
8^ )

2 comments:

Cupcake Blonde said...

Have a happy fourth!

Lynda said...

I knew he would forgive you. LOL

Hope you had a great 4th!