Wednesday, July 11, 2007

My Freelance Project...

I've started writing freelance stories.

A few weeks ago, when I visited my English advisor about my completing my classes for my degree, I stopped in to see my Tech Writing professor. However, she wasn't in. I had a few tea bag envelopes to give out. I left one for her in her mailbox.

This little "ditty" put me in her mind when someone came to her, looking for someone who could do technical writing. Little did he know, was that he also needed the same person who had newspaper writing capability to write news columns.

Professor Mary referred this gentleman to me.

His name is Michael Valentine. He runs a business that helps others start their own businesses. His company helps others produce their business plans.

This is what I'll be doing for him. Each week, we'll be working on a new article concerning matters of business plans and how each step is necessary. This is a weekend project for me. On the whole, it looks like it will take a few hours to research the topic, interview, and write the story. And, the good thing is, I get to do this completely from home.

I'll get paid $15 per article. Not much but the perks are going to be amazing. Because I just started my own business, he will also refer his clients to me who could use my business. He said he wished he had known me last fall as there were a number of his clients who needed someone to design wedding invitations.

He is also working on writing a book. I could help write this book and be a co-author. Plus, because of the nature of my business, creative services, he thinks he can use me in other ways going forward.

This endeavour is going to be a win-win situation. Oh, the articles I write can be added to my online writing portfolio as I am considered a working individual now.

Ok. Thought everyone would like to know.

Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

No comments: