Saturday, July 07, 2007

Wedding Invitations...

OK. I made the samples of the wedding invitations (2 samples), wedding envelope, response card, and response card envelope. These invitations were going to a dealer here at the flea market. The couple is already married but wanting to renew their vows.

Along with all the invitations, I also included in the package deal wedding programs. I was charging $2.50 a set. So, for 150 invitations, the total cost would be $375. This also included finding a peach rose. I found the rose and used my graphic design skills to match the leaves of the rose to the couple's colors. Then, I custom-designed the flower into a corner piece. On all of the invitation pieces, the corner graphics would be printed.

I gave the samples to the bride this morning. She told me she loved them but her husband would have to approve them. She brought them back, telling me he didn't want to spend more than $250. Well, as it stands right now, I won't be doing the invitations.

And, to top it off, I KNOW they won't find someone who can give them full-color and full graphic design for this pricing.

I found someone on eBay who does invitations like me but charges $3.73 each for 150 invitations. And, the bride mentioned that they were going to go to someone in Lorain to have them done before meeting me and seeing my samples.

I searched Switchboard for invitation places in Lorain and found one with a Web site. After reviewing their pricing, it costs over $400 for invitations that are BLACK text only and no graphics.

The ladies who sit next to me feel my pricing is OUTSTANDING. And, they think these people will be back when they find they will have to pay out the ASS for invitations. AND, that doesn't include wedding programs.

I know they need the invitations now because their date is August 25. Etiquette states invitations be mailed 6 weeks prior to the date. I'll be interested to see if they come back.

So, no invitations for now. But, I do have a good set of samples to put together and put in my binder.

Ok. Had to vent.

Lots of love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

3 comments:

Cupcake Blonde said...

They will definately be back. No way can they find better pricing than yours. Having worked in a bridal salon that did invitations your rate is amazing.

Lynda said...

Awww. They suck. Unless they come back, of course.

Unknown said...

I'm glad you stuck to your guns and didn't cave into them. You know that's what they expected you to do!!