Thursday, July 19, 2007

Good Shopping Day...

Today, Rob and I were at the mall. On the way home, we saw that the Dillard's store was open. This store in the mall is closing. For the prices, you would understand why.

We tried on another day because we heard the prices were so good. Everything had a sale price tag on it. Then, from that price, 50% was being taken from it.

We were able to pick up new winter coats. I really needed one this year. The one I got from eBay was ready to go. My coat is of course a man's coat. But, it's light enough but a winter coat. My coat was originally $300. We got it for $75. Rob also got a coat. His coat originally cost $200, but got it for $25. Then, we found a third coat. This coat we bought for my dad. Shhh! Marie, don't call and tell dad. I'm trying to surprise him tomorrow when he gets Cassi for the weekend. His coat was worth $125, but got it for $17.

These are REALLY good coats!

Plus, Rob and I spent time together today. Rob picked up a part-time job. But, after this evening at work for his full-time job, he's quitting. I told him in the long run he'll be better off at this new facility. They don't even have one third of the facility filled. As they continue to fill the openings with patients, the more nurses they will need. Yes, the pay overall will be less, but, it is a 40 hour a week job. And, he'll be able to get overtime. AND, the benefits are better.

I told him in the morning, he should contact the new facility, tell them he wants to come on full-time after he turns in his paperwork to quit where he's at now. That means he'll leave the current full-time job permanently.

Ok. I gotta go. Need to potty.

Lots of love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

2 comments:

Ralph said...

Okay - I'll admit I read the entire post. Okay - I admit those are really good prices. Okay - I'll admit I HATE shopping even when they have great prices.
Ralph

Miki said...

COngrats on the great coat prices! It seems you two did well for yourselves an dfor Dad too! Tell Rob good Luck with the new endevour! That is all for now!