Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Some Updates

Good afternoon to all my blog friends and relatives!

Instead of continuing to cut out my note cards, I decided it was time to do some blogging. My right hand is sore from cutting.

But, some major changes are happening at the house:

1. the window guys came to look at our windows. There are scratches on the front 2 BIG windows plus screen issues with the 2 BIG windows and the window in our room. The guy told me they would have to order replacement parts. In about 2 weeks, we'll get a phone call to schedule for the repair on our windows. After spending $6700 on windows, it's a good thing they're fixing the windows.

2. Rob picked up a part-time job. The nursing home he is working at is experiencing loss of patients. He is guaranteeing that he will not have a problem if they send him home for no work. This new place has only been open since April. They've already told him there's bucko extra hours he could pick up. They have asked him about working for them full-time, but at this point, they don't want to offer him what he's making now. If it gets to the point he has to go to them, then he'll have to take what they offer. But, for now, he's staying where he's at.

3. I can't wait to go back to school. Even though I'm trying my hand at this business, I miss being in school. I've got to remember to get all the documentation together for the PTO as I will assume the reigns officially this year.

Things are ok with my step-daughter. Rob and I have found out something that Rob's not liking at all about how she was raised. It hasn't been confirmed, but something we're working on. I'm hoping it's not true. Sorry, can't tell more.

I did throw a hissy fit at Rob last night. Because I was bringing extra goodies here to the flea market to sell, I was trying to talk to him about specific items. When he did want to answer me, as I was standing right behind him, I walked away. I got so mad because I wanted to talk to him. Instead, he was sending and receiving text messages to his daughter. Guess she was more important. Because he had been up for over 24 hours, he went to bed. But, I got really mad at him and told him, "Just go to bed. Good night," and walked away. He said he didn't hear me. How can someone not hear you when you're standing right behind them and talking. I was so mad about it.

Oh, he's been wanting to upgrade the cell phones for unlimited texting. Because his daughter is on Revol, text messages are not in the "in" plan for him. With the current plan we've got, his phone has 1500 out of network text messages. In a week, he's sent and received 400 messages. I looked yesterday at the pricing. SORRY! Not doing it. Once he gets to 1500, he's done. The cost for the unlimited on up to 2 lines? 160.00 ABSOLUTELY NOT! Sicne I've had this phone, my plan is for 500 out of network text messages. I've not had ANY problems with people sending me messages. All of my texting happens within the network. Am I justified or what about the pricing?

Okay. I'm gonna go now. It's about 2pm. I think I'm going to eat some strawberries as they are calling to me to eat them. What a wonderful SMELL!

Lots of love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

3 comments:

Unknown said...

As for the not hearing you, there is always a chance, you haven't been able to hear for a long time, you should be able to relate. As for the price of the texting, that is just way to much! Make sure he knows how many he has done so he doesn't go over. You guys really can't afford that!

Miki said...

Hey Cathy, things there seem as busy as they are here. Can't seem to keep up the pace! we have off from one team for a few days! DOn't know what the hey I am going to do with myself! Sorry to hear about your windows! You are more technologically in tune than I am, I don't even know how to text! I had it blocked on my phone and my son's, his friend ran up a 300 dollar bill in one month! I said no way was that happening here! SO I blocked it! My hubby has a different company than I do, so no need to worry about texts! SOrry such a long response!

Cathy said...

Miki - no prob about the long response. I'm glad you're around and busy.

Miki & Marie - Rob agrees to the pricing issue. At first, he thought the pricing was $120. But, we found out today that the pricing he saw was for a single line.

Ok. That's it. He did get mad because I remind him everyday about his message numbers. But, as I have told him, he forgets everything. I HAVE to remind him because he forgets, AND he has used almost 600 out of network messages in a week. When he runs out, that will be it. No more.