Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Back Online...

Real short post today. I've got 3 others I'll be writing about that will come before this. But, I need a day to recoup.

But, wanted to let you know an update on the invitations. As it stands, they have not come yet to get me to do the invitations.

However, after this happened Saturday, Rob suggested that I find a standard contract they would be forced to sign. All done and ready. And, my pricing went up. First, I'm increased my price to $2.75 per set. And, I'm going to charge her $125 for the wedding programs. I thought I would do something nice for a fellow flea market dealer. The programs are completely printed. Some programs are already pre-printed with a graphic on the cover. My programs have a wedding photo on the front and would have 2-sided printing.

In the contract, I included the payment schedule, including the percent due and how much that is, along with fee for insufficient funds. Rob and I agreed that originally I asked for half up front and half when finished. Rob said they would probably try to give me a second check and stop payment. With this contract, if they do that, I can sue them and receive punitive damages.

Okay. I'm going to close for now. I'm a little hungry and it was a long day at the flea market today. It poured this morning, making flea market day short.

Lots of love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

2 comments:

Lynda said...

This is in case the person comes back or a different person. I think a contract is a good idea.

Unknown said...

I'm glad you stood up for yourself by getting the contract setup and also charging more. You shouldn't under charge for all the hard work that you do!! If you want to make money, you have to set a price that is fair and gives you profits as well!