Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Today = Crappy!

Well, today did start being crappy. I had a crappy night's sleep. I woke up at 5 because I had to potty. I think I got the most "sleep" from that time till the alarm went off at 7:30 am. I woke up with a migraine that just won't go away, even with medicine. Crap! I'm all out of my migraine medicine. Need more!

I looked up where a certain English professor was this morning. I've got to call him about doing an internship in the spring. That way, I can take 2 classes and 1 internship, much better!

Got Cassi up and ready for school. There's so much going on inside of my mind. Personal things, school things, and PTO things. Remember, even though I've got PTO things, many of the PTO things are related to one of my classes. Why not kill two birds with one stone?

So, I took Cassi down to school. Crap! I need to take my car to get gas, otherwise, I'm not leaving Elyria!

Came back from doing my PTO needs this morning: copying and getting phone lists to the PTO members (we've got 7 of us this year!), copies of the by-laws for Sam's Club and the bank. I'll get a Sam's Club card for the PTO. And, write out a check to give to Guidance Counselor for motivational book. Approved by the group.

Got home and made my phone call to Professor Geither and Career Services. I've got a meeting with Career Services on Friday. This will really be good to get the internship for the spring. OK. Two phone calls done today.

The day is getting better. Dan came over. Since it's raining, Rob and Dan are playing in the garage on wood working stuff. They are going to try to put together a lazy susan with pine for practice. They'll make nice Christmas gifts if they can get a template together. We took pictures of one the last time we were in Amish country (south of here).

Rob is working to get our dining room table sanded down and refinished for Thanksgiving this year. I think it will look beautiful. Plus, we finally got chairs ordered for the table. Yippie! We purchased the stain they are putting on the chairs for the table so they all match.

I went out to the garage and got some breakfast buddies. A little hungry. A breakfast buddie is like a corn dog, but made with pancakes and sausage. A hit with Dan and me.

Must be the weather because my headache won't go away! But, the day is getting better. I found, not just one, but two cans of caffeine free Coke in the fridge. I was just saying to Rob last night how I was craving Pepsi. This works just as well.

I've got to go to mom's today before class. I've got to setup the new printer for grandpa. And, mom wants her comforter for the bed. Good enough. I'll leave about 1 as it won't take long at all to get it together.

Ok. Gotta go for now. I have some homework to do before class and homework due for my grant writing class.

Lots of love,
Cathy
8^ )

P.S. Cassi is now in a cast. There's no plaster in it. She can get it wet, go swimming, etc. The water just comes right out. The fiberglass mesh is glow in the dark with teddy bears. I'll get a picture later and post it. OH, yeah! Her cast comes of around the 27th.

4 comments:

Cupcake Blonde said...

I am tired just reading about all you did in just one day, or actually half a day since I am sure you have more to do as the day progresses.

I want a cool cast like that! I had to shower and bathe with a bag on my arm...so not fun.

Unknown said...

Well it certainly was a busy day yesterday! And you didn't even mention the part about getting Cassi's fund raiser set up so I could see it online!

Cathy said...

Oh, yeah. Forgot about that too. To continue: I got snookered into helping complete our shed. Rob took all the boards off, down to the studs. We put new boards and a new roof on it. While we were doing that, I got dinner for Cassi and helped her with her homework. Then, we had din din at 8:30, got her to bed about 9:30. By 10 pm, I was completing my homework for my grant class.

With all that going on in one day, and the fact that I slept for crap 2 nights in a row, I actually was asleep by 11:10 last night, before Rob. I pretty much slept until 7:30 Wed morning.

Unknown said...

Well that's good it sounds like you needed the rest!!