Saturday, September 15, 2007

He FINALLY Listened to Me...

He changed his cell phone number!

Yes, that ONE change restored my confidence in my husband. He FINALLY understood what I was trying to tell him all these many months.

I'll backtrack a little. Last weekend, Rob was off work Saturday through Tuesday. He was working to get our outside shed fixed. When we bought this house, the shed was in disrepair. There was a hole in the roof and the sides were rotting away.

We finally had the opportunity to change the shed. Rob was able to save the internal structure (the studs), removing the outside, and rebuilding the outside shell. Sunday night I had had a bad night's sleep. I think it was because I helped him Sunday with the hard part of putting the plywood onto the shell. I helped him with the cutting and boarding.

Well, Monday, I start a new week at school. Monday, Rob asks for my help again with the shed to get it done as quickly as possible. By this point, the shed is all done, except for the doors. This was the HARD part for me.

While we were working, I happened to be nosy on his phone. He had sent her a message saying to not text him. He was off until Wednesday. One of our agreements was that he got no messages at home. Still not my solution, but worked.

I was so mad that I again wasn't able to sleep. (Marie, this is why I had two CRAPPY nights sleep.)

Wednesday night comes. We're texting each other. The conversation kinda goes like this:

Me: Can you do me a favor?
Him: What?
Me: Can you watch what you say to her?
Him: I will.
Me: You know she's trying everything she can to talk with you and spend time with you because she wants you.
Him: I know.
Me: She wants to be with you. She's in love with you.
Him: You're right.
Me: But you tend to ignore what I say to you on this subject.

That was it. I was very logical about the whole situation. Not emotional, not pissy. Just plain, matter-of-fact. No messages exchanged Wednesday night.

Thursday night, Cassi and I helped start paint the shed. I looked on his phone and saw she texted him. I told him. He must have known how absolutely upset I was. He didn't reply back.

Friday morning. She did it again. And, again he didn't reply back. He even told me she sent him a message Friday morning while talking this morning.

This morning, he comes home and looks at the Verizon Wireless bill online. He starts looking at what his setup is and says he can go back to the $10 a month for texting (Marie, this is your $5 plan). He says, I wanted to see about getting my phone number changed. We'll go over to the store before I go to bed because I can't do this online. We'll change the number and the texting plan at the same time.

He didn't say anything else to me.

I said to him, "Thank you."

I said to him that he could go lower because his daughter had to have her phone turned off. The only messages he would be getting and receiving would be from me (and maybe Marie).

Do you know how much of a relief this is to my mind? I think he's understanding how upset I've gotten over the whole thing and found a resolution to solve it.

She doesn't have our home number (changed a few times this summer). She does know where we live. If she's that brazen to come to my home, she's crazier than I thought.

Then, to top it off, Rob may be stopping his part-time job. I explained to him how he could make just as much at his regular job doing less hours. Because he gets overtime, he could work one 12-hour day and make as much in that one day as two days at the part-time job. And, the overtime is there for him at work. Next week, he's working one day. But, for the next pay after, he's got three so far. And, he really likes working on this surgical floor. It's a lot to know, but the management is MUCH better.

So, this keeps him away from where she works too.

It appears being logical and practical does have its rewards.

Ok. That's it for now. I'm working on studying for my exams next week. I've got one in-class and one take home. I just napped because I was tired. This will keep me awake for some time this evening. But, I'll be able to do my exam.

Lots of love,
Cathy
8^ )

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cool!! I'm glad that is pretty much resolved!! And as long as he can get the OT at the Cleveland Clinic that is the best place to do it!! Call me Tuesday, I get done a little after 12pm.

Cupcake Blonde said...

Thank goodness this seems to be resolved. didn't want to have to jump on a plane and kick the ever lovin' s**t out of this woman! :)

Cathy said...

You guys are too good to me. Not next week, but the week after, he's working a 6-day week. For helping the family, he's ready to do what he can because of the help we've gotten.

VP: Thanks for support. I know you've got my back (and you too Marie).