Thursday, September 06, 2007

The Anatomy of a Typical "Cathy" Day...

Wednesday, I exhibited my typical "Cathy" day. This is how it will probably be for until Christmas.

7:30 am - alarm went off. I hit the snooze. I hit the snooze a second time 9 minutes later.

7:45 am - hubby sends text message saying "good morning." Shit, it's already time to get up. My brain is working.

Get Cassi's stuff for school ready. Get Cassi up. Get Cassi dressed because she has a fractured left wrist and can't really "do" for herself.

Take shower. With all that running around, I'm getting a little sweatty.

Get dinner started (roast in the crock pot that turned out to be 3 roast-steaks packed together). Get a cup of coffee started (REALLY need the caffeine this morning).

8:55 am - take Cassi to school and hang out for assembly. They are having an assembly with the company being used for our fall fundraiser.

9:30 am - assembly. Have all 300+ kids in the gym. Hmm. Getting a little sweatty here. Come to find out we are allowing the kids to start selling today. This gives them 3 weeks and 1 day to sell and get everything back. Gotta go home and make labels for the letters from the company noting this change. Gotta get back here to pass out all the handouts (letters and brochures) to all the kids before I go to school.

10 am - go home. Make labels. Change shirt as I have been sweatting from the heat. It's sticky today.

10:15 am - get back to school with letters and labels. Stick labels on 320 letters and cross out bad date on letters. Take the boxes of brochures, along with letters to each room and hand out. Oh good. It's lunch time. I'll be able to drop off in each room and not disturb the teachers.

12:10 pm - all done passing out everything. I missed one class directly because the room is locked. Will have to leave it in her mailbox at the office. Gotta go home and completely change. I REALLY sweatted from this walk through the school. I REALLY need a job here as it seems I'm here EVERY day.

12:30 pm - zip to school. Class starts at 1:30 pm, Grammar. Call Marie along the way. Wasn't sure if she was still working or not. Oh, good. She's not working but on her way home. I get to talk to her until I am just about to downtown Cleveland.

1:30 pm - start class. Damn. I don't know how to diagram sentences. I guess I'll know after this class.

2:40 pm - fly from school back to Cassi's school. Cassi gets done school at 3:05 pm. Luckily Dan is there and can grab her. We've got a PTO meeting today. Does my life get any easier? Rob still sleeping.

3:05 pm - get back to Elyria and her school.

3:30 pm - have PTO meeting. Lasts until 4:30 pm. Ooh. Good! I can make up some taters for Rob to have din din before I go to my night class. Do I get to rest? No!

5:30 pm - go to class. One small problem. I'm in the right class, on the wrong floor! I gave the ladies in the class something to talk about after I leave. Man, am I dippy?!

7:00 pm - done school. go to Dan's. go home get tools for Dans. go to Dan's.

8:00 pm - come home. relax. watch Brother Bear 2 with Cassi. Have a snack. Go to bed. Have some sex. Have another snack and watch TV. Go to bed (12:30 am).

Wake up this morning at 7:10 am to a headache. Today will be equally as crazy as yesterday. Starts out with the Orthopedic appt for Cassi.

Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It does sound like a busy day, but you still haven't called to tell me what went on with Cassi's appointment!

Cupcake Blonde said...

That was very informative...although I could have done without that last part. :)

Cathy said...

I was only following a good friend. AND, I didn't go into ANY details!