Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Last Week of Classes...

and last week of my college life. Next week, I have one written final. It's on Thursday from 8:30 - 10:30 am. I can't believe it's so early. Class didn't even start til 10.

But, a few things are happening this week:

1. Yesterday, I presented in film class on my "small" paper on diamond mining in South Africa. Even though I didn't have ACTUAL diamonds to show in my presentation, I stopped at my grandfather's and borrowed his Herkimer Diamonds (not really diamonds, but in some cases better in clarity than real diamonds). The presentation went well. Informal. I know my classmates enjoyed looking at the diamonds and the photos I brought. I think grandpa mined these stones in the 70's based on the photos.

2. I finished my magazine articles. The articles are 19 pages long, 2 pages for my resume, 2 pages for my query letter, a table of contents, and cover page. The magazine class could definitely be a senior survey for those people getting their English degree but not wanting to focus on literary analysis. I'll print it when I go home today and turn it in. No final exam here (the articles are it).

3. My internship was done last week. I really enjoyed it and got a nice review from my boss.

4. My film class. Tomorrow, we'll get everything back that we turned in over the semester that will come back to us, diamond paper and journal. I believe I'll get a B in the class because he was really brutal when it came to our group paper. I got an 85 on it - paper and presentation. He didn't like my part of the presentation and said so. But, he liked my reflection paper; so much so that he gave me a 12 out of 10 because I was so detailed in what happened.

5. Finally, my Senior Survey. My final paper is due on Thursday. I just want to be done. I've got to add hard facts (quotes) from the books in my paper. It wasn't enough to research and write my opinions about the books and what scholars had to say, but I also have to pull specific quotes from the books. I just need a C in this class to graduate. Yeah, it will affect my cumulative GPA, but I just want to be done!

OK. That's it for now. I'm still waiting on a decision on a technical writing contract job that I REALLY want.

Lots of love,
Cathy
8^ )

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good luck on getting the paper done!! And more importantly, good luck with the job!!!