Saturday, June 28, 2008

Week of Doctors...

This week was the week to see doctors. Tuesday, I got to see a Dermatologist (thought it was Wednesday, but I had my interview Wednesday). She took a look at my back (enjoyed living in the sun when I was a teen). There were some spots that Rob wanted her to see. Have been having BAD acne on my face and seems to get worse just before "that" time of the month. Then, even with help from Marie, have had trouble with dry scalp. The results? First, she gave me an antibiotic for the acne and said it will help clear it up. Already seeing improvement. Next, gave me a prescription shampoo for my scalp. Turns out I've got eczema going on. Had that when I was a kid on my forearms. Finally, the freckles (and I've got DOZENS of them) on my back look OK, except for one spot. I'm scheduled on the 23rd to have it removed and biopsied.

Then, I finally went to the OB yesterday. It's been 3 years since my last pap, which is OK, but should go every year (not daily) for pelvic exam. Have been having problems lately. Don't really want to go into it, but the short-short version is that I'm bleeding other than my period times.

So, he does the exam. My uterus feels enlarged. Not sure what's going on. Could be from my full c-section when I had Cassi; maybe not. Then, he felt my neck next (how goofy, originally said, "he felt my next" huh?). This is the first time a doctor has looked there and said he thought my thyroid felt enlarged. So, I have to go get blood work done. Then, I have to have a cat scan done of my uterus to check for cysts or other things that might be going on. When they do this, they will inject fluid up there to open it up for a clearer result. Then, he also wants to do a biopsy because mom had a full hysterectomy when she was 36. Well, I just turned 37. Could run in the family.

The tough part right now is, the doctor was called away to an emergency surgery and my appointment was late. Because of this, I couldn't get anything scheduled, because, of course, my appointment was on Friday at 4pm. I didn't get to see him until after 5. So, now I have to wait until Monday to even make any appointments. He's looking at everything, even the possibility of uterine cancer.

So, until any tests get to be scheduled and done, I'm stuck. I don't know what to say or do. Yes, Marie, I'm trying to be positive. It's tough!

The only positive thing that happened this week was I had my interview for a part-time Administrative Assistant position at Ridge Tool. They are the people who make RIGID tools that are sold at Home Depot. The position is 30 hours a week, supporting the Marketing Department. They were really impressed with my background and desire to work there. I interviewed with the three individuals I would support, and even saw what they are in need of me to do and how to do it. They are big on using PowerPoint and Excel because they have to give sales figures and presentations. By the time I came home in the afternoon after going to get gas for Rob and some steak for dinner, I was walking into the house to the main house phone ringing from them saying they were going forward with the background investigation. This means they're serious because it costs money to do these things. I emailed the people who I used for references, my intern boss, former boss and client at E&Y and my Tech Writing professor. They all said they had no problem giving a positive reference for me. Yesterday, got an email from Professor Mary who said they called her and left a message. She called them back, leaving a message for them about my character and even gave the girl her home phone number. What a nice thing to do! If I get offered the job, I think I would start July 7, just one week away.

Not sure what the pay is yet. But, 30 hours a week is great, working from 8-3 with an hour for lunch. And, there are opportunities for extra hours. And, the offices are only 3 miles from my house. That's even better. When Cassi starts school, I'll have to get someone to keep her in the am before school starts but would be able to pick her up after.

OK. Gonna go now. Don't want to depress anyone too much more than I have.

Lots of love,
Cathy
8^ )

So, it would just be my luck to have medical problems happen and be offered a job.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sure everything will turn out fine!! And I am telling you that any problems you are having are because your OBGYN that you had when you delivered Cassi was an IDIOT and screwed up your C-section! You will be fine!

Cathy said...

OK. Won't know until the 14th. But, forgot that I should have IT next week. Otherwise, it won't be until after the 20th before it gets done.

UGH! And, I have to go to Broadview Heights to get it done (I-77 South of I-480).

Unknown said...

I'm thinking of you and hope everything is okay. Sending positive thoughts your way...and I miss talking with you!!