Saturday, June 21, 2008

VERY Frustrating!

I'm working, after having some fun on my blog, to apply to other jobs. I'm looking at other types of opportunities with companies that would allow me to move within the company after being hired, which is usually a good idea.

The problem I face: browser problems. When companies develop Web sites, they don't realize what browsers individuals use. I know the standard browser is Internet Explorer. But, some people enjoy using other browsers, such as Mozilla Firefox.

Even I have this difficulty with my own Web sites. Note to self, install Dreamweaver and update all Web sites for viewing within Firefox.

But, I digress.

I try to use the Taleo HR hiring system that many companies are now using to apply to jobs online. You cannot apply to jobs through Firefox. At least, I cannot do so. So, every time I apply to a job, I have to remember to determine where I'm applying to and use the correct browser.

Ugh!

Lots of love,
Cathy
8^ )

P.S. This evening, I applied to:

Adecco Technology as a Entry Level Scientific/Technical Writer (temp-to-hire)
Bendix Manufacturing as an Administrative Assistant (full time)
Toys R' Us as a Department Manager Trainee (gotta at least try)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Keep up the good work and keep trying! Also... EXERCISE! It will keep your spirits up... trust me it will... and your health will get better!