Saturday, June 21, 2008

Today...

While Rob was sleeping as he worked last night, I had to take out a bill. Took it to the bank. Ran into one of the mom's shopping while was there (the bank is in the grocery store). From there, I ran to Sam's Club and filled the wagon. Can't believe, even with a quarter of a tank (I think), it took almost 30 dollars to fill it!

But, from there, I had to decide which way to drive home. I opted for the local roads, even though I knew one of the roads is under MAJOR construction to rebuild it. That was road in particular that we blew a tire on in February from a bad pot hole, but the city refused to be liable for.

Anyway, I decided to stop at a Goodwill along the way. Cassi needs some summer jammies. Oh, she's got a few night shirts, and I just gave her a night gown from Nana that doesn't fit me, even though Nana gave it to me, I wanted to find a few more. Got there and NOTHING. So, while I was there, I decided to walk around to see what they had for sale. Along the back wall, there's all kinds of computer monitors. There's a nice dresser, desk, and headboard that looked very interesting to buy for Cassi to have a bedroom set, but I wasn't paying $45 each, even though they were probably worth 3 times as much. But, along that wall with the monitors, sits this HP Scanner. It's an HP Scanjet 8290, complete with power supply, software, and USB cable. The price on it:

$5

Yes, that's it, FIVE DOLLARS! But, there's a warning, the scanner can't be returned. This is one item that's an ALL SALES FINAL type of item. Why not? This is the scanner I had been using while I worked on my internship. It has an Auto Document Feeder (that's the contraption on top of the scanner that allows you to feed multiple pages into the scanner and create PDF files. Rob's co-worker gave him a set of books from when she went through RN school. It was a self-paced school that allowed her to learn at her own pace and didn't cut into her job because there was no lab or clinical like a traditional school requires. The clinical testing happens at the end before you complete your degree. I was able to scan all but 1 book. I'm now able to get it done now.

But, this scanner, even though it's no longer directly for sale from HP can run brand new between $700 and $900. This scanner is in almost new condition. I had to update the software that came from the included CD because it initially had trouble with the doc feed capabilities.

But, for my lonely $5 plus 31 cents for sales tax, I got a BRAND NEW scanner. This is the type of scanner I've been looking for. AND, even though I have to watch EVERY PENNY I spend, I believe I did well finding this scanner.

AND, I'm still looking for jammies for Cassi. She's got 3 t-shirts from me that work for her, 1 night gown she had and 2 night gowns from Nana (doesn't know about the second one yet).

OK. Gotta go.

Lots of love,

Cathy
8^ )

P.S. Oh, where was I over the last few weeks? We went camping as Rob took off work. He was finally able to take a week vacation. I've got posts to write about it and pictures.

And, for those of you who didn't know (because I wasn't flagrant about it), my birthday was this past Thursday, June 19. I turned 37. It was just another day for me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a busy day! I'm glad you were able to get the scanner! And if munchkin needed some pjs, you should have told me that when she was here! I would have taken her to walmart and got whatever she needed! Let me know if you still need some this week, I'll go and get her some and send them with the mugs for the guys. Also what kind she will wear, she can be very particular about the type

Cathy said...

Yep, she is very particular with regard to jammies. But, she's really enjoying wearing the ones from Nana. The one she wore the other night has the frogs on it.