Friday, June 06, 2008

Economy SUCKS!

Well, the news story is now living on the home page of Yahoo!

Plus, was emailing my intern supervisor, Tina, telling her how I have yet to find a job. This is what she said to me,

"
I saw a report on the BBC this morning that the US is now reporting the jobless rate at 5.5% - - which can only mean it is more like 7%."

This is very sad indeed.

But, as Marie suggested, I should sign up to the temp services. When I worked for Tri-C, a local community college, that is how I originally got the job. I was signed up at the time with OfficeTeam. I am re-registered with them. They've got nothing. I've not registered with Kelly Services (they helped me get my first job here with E&Y). But, I've searched their openings online. NOTHING. I'm registered with Ajilon. NOTHING!

It's BAD! So, my next step is doing babysitting jobs, etc. I'm registered on Care.com for employment opportunities. We'll see what happens there. And, I applied for a summer internship (paid) with the Elyria Chronicle-Telegram. It's for a news writer position. We'll see.

I can't believe how BAD it is. My problem now is that I can't even get a job at any retail establishment because they want people who can work nights. Like, take for example, Wal-Mart. You must be available to work EVERY NIGHT from 5pm till 11pm. If you can't, they won't even consider you. I did pass the management opportunities exam. We'll see what happens there, if and when they decide to hire more managers/assistant managers.

I'm just REALLY tired. I could try running the business that I've longed to run. But, my credit SUCKS! That means, no one will want to invest in my idea to help me get it going. I don't want to ask friends and family, just in case it doesn't work out. I want to run a Wedding and Creative Services biz, designing custom wedding invitations, party favors, and all the goodies I made and sold at craft shows last year. I've got the technology and the designs running. What I'm in need of capital now is for: 1. more ink supplies for printers, 2. advertising in newspapers of my biz, and 3. payments for craft shows and wedding shows where I can advertise my services and sell my kid-friendly products. If you know of any rich relatives in need of someone to donate money to, I'm here and waiting. I know I don't need much to get me going. And, I think, once I'm going I would be able to keep the flow.

OK. Yep, I'm REALLY tired. Cassi finished school yesterday for the year. YEAH! Her new friend from around the corner came over and played in the pool with Cassi. Her mom's not working right now either. I went over and gossiped with them, then had Sarah spend the night. She was here until 2pm today, up before 8 and out in the pool by 8. Pa came to get Cassi. They ended up hanging around until 4pm. Rob's been at his house. He started his 3 days of work, where he sleeps during the day at their house. You see, from home to work, it's about a 30-40 minute drive. Mom is even closer, more than half way closer. He's about 10 minutes from work then. He sleeps there in between because of the gas prices. He's been driving our Focus. When I went to school, I was able to get almost 300 per tank of gas. With staying at mom's, he can go 2 weeks on one tank of gas. So, he's working these 3 days (Thurs-Fri-Sat), then coming home. He started this week with a half tank of gas. Next week, he's on vacation and we're going camping. Need to be hillbilly as he says. Then, we'll come home Tuesday when I can wash laundry and clean kitty's litterpan. He has a mason's meeting. Thursday, we'll come home in the am when Marie will meet us here. This will be the first time Cassi gets to visit with Marie at Marie's house all by herself. Then, mom, dad, and I will travel to Marie's on Sunday to pick her up, leaving from my house by 7am.

Shew, I'm tired just thinking about it.

Ok. Gotta go. Need to go pick up teacher's lounge supplies from Cassi's school. Not supplying summer school with these extra supplies. Because there's extra stuff, I'll be able to not have to buy some things come August.

Lots of love,
Cathy
8^ )

3 comments:

Richard Jennings said...

Yes things seem bad statistically but like my dad always said, it only takes one person's will to get a job and one person is not a statistic. Lots of 100K jobs -

http://www.realmatch.com
http://www.monster.com
http://www.6figurejobs.com

See!

Unknown said...

You have to stay positive and you will get something. You have had great chances come out of working for the temp agencies, so I think you need to remember that! Especially with the economy being bad, people are turning to temp workers for LOTS of things! Keep that in mind, you might get a lot of work that way!

Lynda said...

Temp agencies never really worked for me. If they worked for you, just keep trying!

I recently found out I am losing my job. They are moving it to Texas.