Thursday, November 29, 2007

Things...

Ok. It's after midnight on Wednesday night. I'm still up! Why?

1. Just finished editing and adding to my research paper. It is due at 3pm today (since it is now Thursday). Nothing like waiting until the LAST MINUTE to get this writing done. Well, I have always said that writing under pressure is the best way for me to write. I had all 4's and 5's on my writing as it was. You could really tell I had the flu when I was writing it with all the grammar errors.
2. I turned in my print versions of my grant proposal this evening. Yeah! I'm completely done with the class. It was EASY for me. I think it was equally as easy as my grammar analysis class. I'm such a GEEK (but cute). I just know I'm getting an A in this class.
3. I napped for about an hour this evening. With EVERYTHING I did today, I needed some rest time. When I got home from grant class, I immediately made dindin for us all, got Cassi to finish her homework, and had us be quiet. Rob worked tonight and needed a short nap before work.

Well, I FINALLY got approval of my internship. YEAH! The professor who will be my anchor professor told me (and you didn't hear it from me) that the department head is retiring this year and is taking his time approving anything. But, I sent my professor the information he needs to get that book ordered for me to buy through the bookstore. And, I have a meeting Monday with my supervisor of the internship. Can you believe that I'll get a grade for this internship? I just know I'll get an A. Hmmm? Is it too early to expect a 4.0 for spring semester. I could actually graduate with a 3.75 overall GPA.

OOOH!

But, yesterday, I got an interesting phone call. At the beginning of the month, there was a career fair at CSU. One of the employers there was Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS). They are hiring. But, I've known from experience, they are only looking to hire people in this area who in school for accounting. My mom and dad are both employed here. But, because of the fact they use technology heavily in their jobs, they have a whole IT function.

So, when I was there, I stopped, as a last minute idea to the table. Talking with the recruiters, I explained how my mom and dad work at DFAS and I've got technology experience. They took my resume and said they would forward it to the technology recruiters as they were both accounting recruiters.

Yesterday, I received a phone call and email. The IT department is based in Columbus, with support to the Cleveland office. They wanted my current GPA and unofficial transcript.

Oh, but if I could get hired there... My last semester of school would get broken up into 2 semester, taking 2 classes each semester and pushing my grad date to fall 2008. But, I would be working too. And, yes, I would have daycare for Cassi in the morning before her schooling starts and in the afternoon. I would love this option to happen as I REALLY need to work. But, I don't want to think about it right now. I'll start to obsess.

And, if I stay with my original plan, I will have access to research EVERYTHING grants. I may be able to find foundations willing to give me money to pay back my student loan bills (and Rob's), along with funding for my business stuff. That would be nice.

With all this said, I'm finally starting to get tired. The next few days will be CRAZY. Later today, after we get up, I will be at Cassi's school til 12:30. This week, there is a book fair. I volunteered to help the kids pick books and things they want. Cassi got 3 books (plus a couple other things nI bought her for Christmas). Friday morning, we're walking in the school's walking club before school starts, then heading to our church to help pack food gift baskets, then off to school for my grammar exam. After the exam, I've just got my final.

I'll be tired come Friday afternoon.

Pray for me!

Lots of love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

No comments: