Monday, November 19, 2007

The Paper (an Update)

As I thought, I just met with my professor about my paper. Besides having the flu while writing the paper, I felt there just wasn't enough "stuff" in the paper. My professor thought so too. But, she pointed me in the right direction for additional information.

While working with her this morning, I've got the notes on what needs to be added and where it should be added. I asked her if she wanted to see it before I turn in the final draft. Only if I want her to see it.

So, I'm going to try to work on it tomorrow. Even if I don't get her to see it, at least it will be done.

Otherwise, even though there's not enough "stuff" the five major components to the paper are 4's and 5's, dealing with focus, etc.

In my grammar class, I missed last Wednesday because I just needed that EXTRA day of rest after being sick. Definitely helped. But, while I was gone, the professor gave back our grammar exams from the Friday before. Even sick and the fact that I missed 2 days didn't drop my average. I figured if I was going to bomb a test from this class this would be it because I was sick and missed important class days.

I got a 95%. Only because 2 of the problems were stupid errors, plus I had a 1% point bonus from an exercise a few weeks back. Because this class deals with detailed analyization of grammar, we diagram out sentences as part of our process. There was this sentence that he told us if we got it right, we would get a bonus point for the exam.

Well, no one got it right but me, but because everyone tried, everyone got the point. Kinda made me feel crappy because I was the only person to get it right.

OK. That's about it for now. I'm feeling the need for a snack. And, I want to look at moving my car to my "good" parking lot before class. I've got class today and Wednesday. Off Tuesday.

Lots of love,
Cathy
8^ )

No comments: