Sunday, November 11, 2007

Blonde Hair

This is a funny story. I had a craft show on the 3rd of November. A vendor from another table came over and saw my chore charts. She thought they were so adorable. But, she has 2 little girls, one girl with blonde hair and one girl with brunette hair. The chore chart I had was for a brunette-haired girl. She asked me if she purchased that one could I also alter the hair for a blonde.

Sure, why not? I'll give it a try and print it out. I saw her on the 10th at another craft show we were both doing.

So, while I was at the first show, I had my laptop and worked on the hair. Now, how do I come up with blonde hair? Rob happened to be around at the time and started looking through my photos for someone with blonde hair.

And, who did I find?

My old supervisor from Ernst & Young, Barb. I have a photo of her with Cassi at 5 years old. I copied pixels of her hair and pasted them into the chore chart. With manipulation of those pixels, I was able to come up with a blonde-haired little girl's chore chart.

She was so happy at the result. She told me how she talked to her girls about getting the chore charts. She said how they were excited to be able to start using them.

I'm glad too!

Just another way I can use photos for graphic manipulation!

Lots of love,
Cathy
8^ )

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's really cool!! I'm glad you were able to do that and make the sale!!