Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The Halloween Experience...

So, Marie got suckered into buying Cassi ANOTHER halloween costume. However, we were in luck. NO ONE else in the neighborhood was dressed like Cassi. She was dressed like a snow princess. PROMISE, I will post pictures. They're on my camera that isn't easy to access through the laptop, which is where I'm typing this. The other costume she would have worn was a witch costume. And, there were LOTS of witches.

The temperature was pretty nice. The change of the "time change" came at a good time. If we had turned the clocks back last weekend, it would have been dark when we went out. But, because the time change is this Saturday, we had almost an hour of light for walking. We didn't start using the flashlight until about 7pm. Trick or Treating ran from 6-7:30 pm. Because Rob had to work tonight, we didn't give any candy out. To tell you the truth, we haven't given out candy here at all. Because we've either gone as a group or Rob's worked, no one has been home.

This year has been the worst for people giving. I think it will only get worse. It doesn't help that the economy SUCKS. Ok. Not going there on this one right now.

But, we probably walked about 2 miles, 3 streets worth, each street about 3 blocks each.

A funny thing happened. One of the girls from my grammar class ran into us about half way through. Come to find out that she lives in the apartment complex right behind my housing development. COOL! Since we both didn't go to class today, we're getting together to study for the next test. She has a little one. Really cute. Her name is Lilly. Cassi and Lilly hugged. Cassi immediately asked if they could come over to play. Well, I've got a friend who lives near by now and a friend for Cassi to play with. We can even walk over to their house too.

Cassi is in bed now, watching some TV before bed. The candy and stuff was good. Daddy told her to make sure she got lots of candy for him. Since he's been working on quitting smoking, he has been eating, AND EATING, AND EATING! We've got candy bars from last Easter, but they're almost gone now.

Some of the weird stuff Cassi got? A juice box. A small container of PlayDough. Other than that, the usual. She did get the opportunity to stop at our neighbor's across the street 3 (yes, three) times. At the end, she says, "Nah, I don't need to go there. I went there twice already." You could see her think. She says, "Yeah. I'll go again." It was fine with them. They are very fond of Cassi. The couple's daughter/husband/grandson had to move in with them (husband lost job). But, the grandson is getting so big. It's fun to see the area toddlers getting bigger without actually having to have one in the house. About a month or so ago, I had a long conversation with Rob through the text messaging about this little boy. He's getting so big. He thought I was oohing and ahhing because I wanted another kid. NOPE! My pregnancy with Cassi was more than I could handle again. I'll live through everyone else.

But, I'm sitting here right now, watching and recording Ghost Hunters. Say what you will of SciFi Channel, but I LOVE this show. It's a live show at the Waverly Sanitorium. At this site, more than 63,000 people have died. The show will run until 3am. No, I'm not going to stay up until 3. But, it's recording. I'll be able to watch it at leisure.

On the other fronts, this next month will be HELL for me. Here's a quick run down:

1. Research paper in the composition theory class due on the 13th (finishing research to write first draft).
2. Book review due in same class (done). Yeah!
3. The final 2 writing pieces due for my grant class the next 2 wednesday's. Then, all of the individual pieces put together for a final proposal.
4. Two grammar exams over the same time period.
5. Three craft shows. I'm at the St. John Lutheran Church on West River Road in Elyria this Saturday from 9-4. I'm at Elryia Catholic High School on Saturday, Nov. 10 from 9-4. Finally, Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend, I'm at Cornerstone Methodist Church up West River Road. Hopefully I do well at these shows.

House, Cassi, schedule, etc.

Good news. This Friday is a Career Fair at CSU. There currently is 185 employers registered for the fair. As soon as I drop Cassi off at school, I'll be going to the fair. It would be nice to interview with a few companies for a job in May.

Plus, for now, I received an email today, offering me a job as a tutor. Sounded like a good opportunity. I applied for it. Would come in nice right now. We'll see how it goes.

OK. That's it for now. I wanted to update everyone. My online store is moving now. I'm getting as many items uploaded as I can. And, today, we had our first prospective customer to register.

I'll chat again after I have my craft show Saturday.

Lots of love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well it sound like a fun night of trick or treating!! I'm glad that you both had a good time!! Good luck with all the craft shows. And if you think you will be to busy you can always give the money to dad and ask him to take Cassi to the movie. Especially since you know she won't want to wait to go!!

Cathy said...

We're going to pick her up Saturday night (dad doesn't know yet). Since we're going to church Sunday morning, and she's been pestering us to go, she'll go to church Sunday morning and we'll go to the movie for a matinee on Sunday afternoon.

Cupcake Blonde said...

I saw a picture, she looked great! So pretty and original! I loved her costume.

I watched the Ghost Hunters Live show too, but funny I thought it was live in my Time Zone since it went to 3 AM here. Guess mine was not live? Unless they did do it live for all the Time Zones. Can't wait to see all the results. They had some pretty increidble stuff on there, especially that wrestler's freak out if you saw that.