Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Good News is...

...

"Lisa and I (Tina) were able to hook up late yesterday afternoon and we are happy to offer the internship to you. It will comprise a position of 10 hours per week unpaid. The job description which I gave you in the interview (and which is attached here) is pretty much what you will be doing. Lisa and I hope to be able to offer you an opportunity to work on actual grant applications so that you have real experience developing one. In addition, I am going to involve you in the monthly production of Research News as well as other Pre-Awards projects, so that by the time you leave your internship, you should have a fairly full understanding of the grantwriter's world.

Please let us know, once you have everything nailed down, when you will be able to start and what hours work for you.

Welcome to Office of Sponsored Programs and Research. We are happy to have you with us."


What this means to me? I get my internship.

And the Bad News... The one class I need that would handle, general education requirement/ English upper level requirement/overall upper level requirement...

Isn't being taught next semester. Instead of being able to take just 10 credit hours, I will have to take 14 credit hours. The one class I have to take now becomes 2 (two). But, on the bright side, one class I took last spring, Advanced Composition, has another concentration of Magazine Writing that I'm confirming to be able to take in the spring.

I haven't even registered for my classes yet, and I'm already seeing the classes as being a BITCH!

So, my schedule?

M-W-F from 12:15 to 1:20 is a Non-Western gen ed class
T-Th from 10-12 is my English Senior Survey
T-Th from 6-8 is my Magazine Writing class

T-Th from 1-5 will be internship, then make up of 2-4 extra hours some time during the week. The bonus with the Magazine Writing class is that, once finished, I will have News Writing, Magazine Writing, Technical Writing, and Grant Writing school-related experience.

Whoo! Hoo!

Okay. Gotta go. Wanted to write REAL quick. I'm finishing up my craft items for my Craft Show this Saturday.

By the way, if you're reading this and in the Cleveland, OH area, I'll be showing my "stuff" at the Lorain County JVS. The show is located at the JVS at Rts. 58 and 20 in Oberlin, OH. The show runs from 9-4. If you're in the area/state, come visit!

Lots of love,
Cathy
8^ )

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is soooo awesome!!! Did you call dad yet? Let me know so I don't accidentally let the cat out of the bag!! We will have to get you those nice tops now!! Wooooooo hoooooo!!!!!

Cupcake Blonde said...

Wow, how cool!! This is so great, congratulations!